Current time: 06/05/2024, 02:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot
RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot
Unusual sighting of 27769 (PO61 NTE) Enviro300 on X2-LIVERPOOL today.
I never even knew 27769 was at Preston!

Anything to do with today's wild winds?
Is Storm Doris keeping the Scania deckers away?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/02/2017 13:53)mathias Wrote:  Unusual sighting of 27769 (PO61 NTE) Enviro300 on X2-LIVERPOOL today.
I never even knew 27769 was at Preston!

Anything to do with today's wild winds?
Is Storm Doris keeping the Scania deckers away?
I seen 27887 on there myself and a mate seen 27774 on there too. As far as I know, these Enviro300s transferred to Preston when Fishwicks shut down.
A similar thing happened a few years ago when there were strong winds - Esteems and Versas were used on the X2.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Preston put single decks on their X2 today because of the weather. Heard the Scanias were allocated on the Penwortham locals, 3s, and other Preston locals instead. Bet the Blackpools had similar workings.
Interesting allocations today, A Gold Enviro400 is out on 8a round Chorley & 2 duties on 125 are non-gold Scania Enviro400s including a X2 branded one, not sure if any of the X2 branded ones have been to Bolton before
There was a Gold Enviro400 that was involved in an RTA in Bolton yesterday. Gold panels still on the pavement
Was in Blackpool today and noted amongst almost wall to wall double deckers on routes 61 and 68 was ex Gillmoss Enviro 300 27774.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Been told the new Scania MMCs for the X2 are due in October to very high specification including tables upstairs.
The incumbent batch 15466-15474 are being sent away for refurbishment which includes them being reseated with standard bus seats. These will be staying in Preston apparently for the 59 route. Definitely earned their keep over the last 8 years our so. The first one is away at present but don't know which one.
(03/07/2017 20:26)B10B6514 Wrote:  Been told the new Scania MMCs for the X2 are due in October to very high specification including tables upstairs.
The incumbent batch 15466-15474 are being sent away for refurbishment which includes them being reseated with standard bus seats. These will be staying in Preston apparently for the 59 route. Definitely earned their keep over the last 8 years our so. The first one is away at present but don't know which one.

Sounds good. The Arriva 47 really needs to be upgraded to coincide with their arrival. Otherwise the difference will be stark. I'm not sure how the double deck trial will be judged, but it sounds like a no brainer.
There is an open top lakes bus on the X2 in Southport at the moment. Hardly the weather.
(26/07/2017 09:47)Vbg111v Wrote:  There is an open top lakes bus on the X2 in Southport at the moment. Hardly the weather.

It will be 13802 which was operated in Liverpool yesterday, and Manchester on Monday.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)