Current time: 06/05/2024, 13:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Can anyone confirm what the P&R locations are please?? I hear the Eco Centre and Carr Lane may be two of them.......

Cheers!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Princess Park
Esplanade
Fairways
Bedford Park
Carr Lane
Sandbrook Road
(16/07/2017 19:15)iMarkeh Wrote:  Princess Park
Esplanade
Fairways
Bedford Park
Carr Lane
Sandbrook Road

Excellent, many thanks, seems to be a larger operation than the Hoylake one.......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(16/07/2017 19:28)gka472l Wrote:  Excellent, many thanks, seems to be a larger operation than the Hoylake one.......

I suspect that the Merseyrail strike may have something to do with the enhanced P+R arrangements.
It is a massive operation. Will be funny to see how it all works at Birkdale with all these + Arriva running additional 20 min service from Lord Street + Stagecoach X2 running 1 additional trip. Should all be a good week for bus spotters.
(16/07/2017 18:39)gka472l Wrote:  I remember the 2014 'Open' at Hoylake saw two brand new Solo's for Preston (47922/3) and 3 Enviro200's also for Preston (37127-9) used on the press shuttles, also 27901-3 turned up at the end of the week, as did several of the PX59*** Scania's from Preston/Chorley, should be an interesting few days, unfortunately I can only get up on the Friday due to work....

28552 was in the open all over advert. 21118 made its first appearance in CMT livery. 97018 even made it out. 28540 was used to transport the drivers from Chester to West Kirby for the Press and TV shuttles. And everyone got soaked on the Saturday when the heavens opened, I remember that week pretty well.
Stagecoach are basing buses overnight in Southport not sure of the location though.
I am told some at the Arriva Depot and some in another location.
None in the depot last night but heard there's a fuelling and cleaning arrangement. My guess is the Esplanade Park and Ride site or possibly Southport Rugby Cub.
(17/07/2017 02:31)iMarkeh Wrote:  I am told some at the Arriva Depot and some in another location.

Is there any space in Canning Road? There used to be some waste ground at the back of Canning Road where the MPTE stored dozens of surplus vehicles immediately after deregulation in 1986 but I think that land has now been built on.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)