Current time: 04/05/2024, 11:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
"43/103 Svcs. due to vehicle vandalism, svcs are diverted via Greenwood Rd/Altrincham Rd in both directions & will not service Royalthorn Rd."
Just been posted on their twitter account
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Noted a MMC with "We heart Manchester " alternating with the more usual "Out of service 000" leaving Middleton depot today.

A nice touch I thought.
Find all posts by this user
19355 on 378 today
(27/05/2017 19:07)Owl Wrote:  Noted a MMC with "We heart Manchester " alternating with the more usual "Out of service 000" leaving Middleton depot today.

A nice touch I thought.

I saw the same on an Ashton MMC doing a drivers switchover on the 183 and on a First Vantage V1 on Oxford Road.
(22/05/2017 13:52)Dentonian Wrote:  I understand that 22402 is being repainted - presumably into training livery - but there is no more info on any of the massed ranks of buses for disposal or conversion to trainers.

22402 is now at Hyde Road in the Sheffield Super Tram style training livery.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/06/2017 08:29)ant17612 Wrote:  22402 is now at Hyde Road in the Sheffield Super Tram style training livery.

Newest training bus in the country outside london?
(02/06/2017 13:38)Dentonian Wrote:  22405/6/7 have gone to Kilmarnock - also as trainers. Many other '06s here are also due to be converted to trainers, but its not clear if at least some will also transfer away from Manchester. Meanwhile, 22402 looks like a direct replacement for 20969, which has been sold.

22399 was on the 11A yesterday.

10618 spent the afternoon today on the 313.
(02/06/2017 13:38)Dentonian Wrote:  22405/6/7 have gone to Kilmarnock - also as trainers. Many other '06s here are also due to be converted to trainers, but its not clear if at least some will also transfer away from Manchester. Meanwhile, 22402 looks like a direct replacement for 20969, which has been sold.

A friend of mine did his psv training at Hyde Road towards the end of last year and he was told then that they were looking at replacing the entire DT fleet in Manchester so it would make sense to use some of these younger vehicles rather than cascading them all out of the group.
Are the two tridents being converted for Manchester or elsewhere?
Magic Bus 19188 was on the 42B earlier this afternoon
(03/06/2017 19:58)Dentonian Wrote:  On arriving back from a day in Huddersfield/Halifax - where First's fares illustrate why Dereg has failed the bus passengers of GM so badly - I came out of Picc Station in time to catch 19260 on the 205. I noticed that MagicBus Megarider fares have REDUCED to £8, and with the windows telling would be customers that DaySavers are £3.50 and most significantly, Single fares a flat £1.50, I would love it if someone with legal training boarding a Magic Bus on a "normal" route, insisted on paying £1.50 for the full journey, as that is the price being advertised.

Seen it happen once a few years ago when a magic bus was used on a 169. Two students got on at Gorton Market trying to use magic riders. There argument was it's a magic bus and that they should be accepted. After 10 minutes of arguing the driver radio'd in and was told that magic tickets and fares were only accepted on 'advertised' magic services and that this information was made clear in the passengers terms and conditions available on request. Sure it's called the passenger charter on their website.

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)