Current time: 25/04/2024, 03:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
Been informed that Gemini 2, 4470 made the trip down to Maidstone today with Hybrid, 7007 coming here in exchange.
Find all posts by this user
The two way radio system is now in operation at this depot.
(20/05/2017 21:40)darthblakey Wrote:  The two way radio system is now in operation at this depot.

Unfortunately, at Bootle most of the double-deckers have had their aerials ripped off by overhanging tree branches and consequently don't work. Thankfully there aren't any tree-lined routes out of Speke or are there?
(21/05/2017 19:30)Barney Wrote:  Unfortunately, at Bootle most of the double-deckers have had their aerials ripped off by overhanging tree branches and consequently don't work. Thankfully there aren't any tree-lined routes out of Speke or are there?

And the same will happen here as most of the routes are tree lined at some point, I also think some aerials were damaged by the wash at Bootle depot as well!
(21/05/2017 22:46)darthblakey Wrote:  And the same will happen here as most of the routes are tree lined at some point, I also think some aerials were damaged by the wash at Bootle depot as well!

In the 1960's, LCPT began installing two-way radio systems into its vehicles. Initially it used aerials but soon realised that large 'dinner plates' were a much better option. A few years ago when SC at GM introduced a communication system, it sensibly used the 'dinner plates'. There's definitely a truth in the old adage "buy cheap, buy twice."
It has been reported elsewhere that all 25 x 66/17 reg Hybrids at Speke are going on loan to Laird Street for rail replacement.
Should make for some interesting buses on the 79. Saw two buses from a distance yesterday and both were Geminis.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Pulsars 2675 and 2905 are reported as being here

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The rumour i was told is the pool buses will be divided between depots to release some pulsars for speke along with there gemini 2's what was at birkenhead.
A survey of the 79 this morning at The Bridge Inn revealed the following 22 buses in service:-
2584/92 4113/19/28 4435/37/46/48/50/51/53/57/59/60/63/65/73 4563/64 and 4823/50.
Good to see such a varied allocation again with the possibility of Pulsars to come.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Here is a picture of 7001 on the 80 at Morrisons today, also went on 7007 on the 80 too. Well presented buses compared some of the native Arriva hybrids.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasharr...088393594/

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: