Current time: 04/05/2024, 15:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(12/05/2017 01:12)Solo40336 Wrote:  It's been at Bolton for over a week, not being converted into a training vehicle though....

Just tweeted first Manchester, and they say it hasn't arrived yet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/05/2017 18:53)Dentonian Wrote:  Well, there's your answer then. After all 100% of the population have Internet access....just like 100% of the population have internet banking with no risk of security breach and iphones with 100% perfect signals. And, of course, 100% of the population have cars.

Funny how I knew about it down here in Bournemouth some 10 days ago, and that was without any use of the internet!
I saw a B7 and a couple of Enviro400's on the 163 today, whilst bendi's were mainly operating the 471.
(12/05/2017 14:08)Alexw12 Wrote:  Just tweeted first Manchester, and they say it hasn't arrived yet

My mistake, got my numbers mixed up
Polo mint - I think the bendi's will probably stay on the 471 mainly. Tbh they don't seem to like climbing hills that much & the 163 is a pretty steep route in places!
Once Bolton drivers have been trained with them, I can see them being used on the 8... Maybe even the 582, but, now it doesn't have a double stand in Leigh so I'm not sure if that would be allowed...
I thought they trialled Bendies on the 8 and 582 and First did not see the trial as a success?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/05/2017 18:53)Nicholas Wrote:  Funny how I knew about it down here in Bournemouth some 10 days ago, and that was without any use of the internet!

Would you like a medal?

Funny how my friend, who lives in Manchester, travels daily on Firsts Oxford road services, sometimes 4-5 times a day, knew absolutely nothing about the fare rises. Even the driver commented how many people have genuinely been caught out by the sudden increase. That to me suggests First need to try and communicate a little better with their passengers.
(11/05/2017 19:38)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  All of First's Rusholme buses have had an A4 paper notifying of the fare changes in their window since Sunday and the fleet had it's "Quids in £1" fare window stickers removed up to a week prior. Although the increase was deemed 'quiet' compared to previous increases, all the signs were there (or wasn't in the case of the 'quids in' advertising).

Also of note, several Enviro 400's have been route branded (again) for service 41 promoting their 10 minute service following changes to the 143 route, which now serves Manchester to West Didsbury only.

In national terms, it is unusual for Stagecoach to abandon a service, in this case West Didsbury - Sale, in favour of First.
The bendi's are alright if you don't mind you're spine being the suspension!

When they go over bumps the ride is rock hard.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)