Current time: 26/04/2024, 19:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maghull Coaches
RE: Maghull Coaches
(27/03/2017 16:41)T42 PVM Wrote:  Is Scania Omnidekka YN56 FDJ normally on the 103? As i have it on the 17:42 trip off Waterloo

I've seen OmniDekkas on the 103 quite a few times, though unsure whether or not they're the most common type on that route. From my office window, I can only see enough of passing 103s to see that it's nearly always of the ELC Myllennium family, but not enough to tell whether it's a Lowlander or an OmniDekka!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks Dave, was more a question for a friend of mine who wants a ride of one before the 103 finishes

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Maghull Coaches now have ex RATP London 'The original tour' T205 XBV (DLP205) which was previously with Arriva London as DLP5, unsure if they have any more but would assume this is a direct replacement for a step entrance open topper.    
Find all posts by this user
The one thing the ex london vehicles does allow for is more front upper deck seating ahead of the staircase , thereby making it a more viable proposition to make vehicles part open top upstairs , you know how inclement our british weather is .
(05/04/2017 15:55)wirralbus Wrote:  The one thing the ex london vehicles does allow for is more front upper deck seating ahead of the staircase , thereby making it a more viable proposition to make vehicles part open top upstairs , you know how inclement our british weather is .

Whilst you are correct that only applies to vehicles built before a certain year. A few examples are:

DLA1-125 (1998-99) had centre staircases whilst DLA126-389 (1999-03) had forward staircases
DLP1-20 (1999) had centre staircases whilst DLP40-110 (2001-03) had forward staircases
All TA/TAS-class (1999-03) vehicles had forward staircases
VLA1-179 (2001-03) had forward staircases
VLW1-199 (2003-05) had forward staircases
Spotted the former DLP6 (T206 XBV) in City Explorer livery yesterday
Olympian K231KNO noted parked up in Groby Road, Crewe, a short way south of Mikro.s yard. Looked as though someone was carrying out mechanical work on it.
(07/05/2017 16:19)mikestone Wrote:  Olympian K231KNO noted parked up in Groby Road, Crewe, a short way south of Mikro.s yard. Looked as though someone was carrying out mechanical work on it.
I don't think they've owned that Olympian for a few years now.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Is the open top Atlantean still on site or has it been scrapped
T205/6 XBV have been re-registered to SIG 1846/7.

User(s) browsing this thread: