Current time: 20/04/2024, 09:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TransPennine Express
RE: TransPennine Express
(17/04/2017 22:25)wirralbus Wrote:  On the Liverpool - Glasgow Central how come there is three in the direction of Glasgow , but only two from Glasgow Central to liverpool , with the third starting from Preston.

As a guess, possibly attached to a Glasgow - Manchester service with a portion detaching at Preston for Liverpool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/04/2017 15:28)mikestone Wrote:  december 2018 I think you will find.
;

;
PCD 2017
- 1 additional slot per day Northbound from Manchester Airport to Edinburgh Waverley, Saturday and Sunday
- 1 additional slot per day Northbound from Manchester Airport to Glasgow Central, Monday to Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- 1 additional slot per day Southbound from Edinburgh Waverley to Manchester Airport, Monday to Friday and Sunday
- 1 additional slot per day Southbound from Glasgow Central to Manchester Airport, Monday to Friday and Saturday. 2 additional slots Southbound from Glasgow Central to Manchester Airport, Sunday
PCD 2018
- 3 slots per day Northbound from Liverpool Lime Street to Glasgow Central, Monday to Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- 2 slots per day Southbound from Glasgow Central to Liverpool Lime Street, Monday to Friday and Saturday. 3 slots Southbound from Glasgow Central to Liverpool Lime Street, Sunday
- 1 slot per day Southbound from Preston to Liverpool Lime Street, Monday to Friday and Saturday

Read this link from the TPE website
https://www.tpexpress.co.uk/news/2016/04...-launches/

In particular the 13 new destinations paragraph.How would you interpret that?.Any direct link from St Helens to Edinburgh must originate in Liverpool.
So looks like the Glasgow service will serve St Helens Central and the Newcastle service (Extended to Edinburgh) will serve St Helens Junction. Just can't understand why the present Newcastle service can't stop there now.
From Dec 2017, the Lime St - Scarborough service will be going down the chat moss as I understand it. One of the 2 tpe services will call at St Helens Jn. The WCML services from Liverpool won't start until Dec 2018
(18/04/2017 09:26)jtd508110 Wrote:  From Dec 2017, the Lime St - Scarborough service will be going down the chat moss as I understand it. One of the 2 tpe services will call at St Helens Jn. The WCML services from Liverpool won't start until Dec 2018

From Dec 2017, will the Lime St - Scarborough service via chat moss still departing from Lime Street at 22 minutes past?
(18/04/2017 13:06)boby32 Wrote:  From Dec 2017, will the Lime St - Scarborough service via chat moss still departing from Lime Street at 22 minutes past?

Big timetable rewrite for December 2017 so unknown at present so at the moment on the current timetable it wouldn't make sense for it to leave at xx22 as it would catch up the xx20 Manchester Victoria unless that itself was retimed
(18/04/2017 13:09)Gordon V Wrote:  Big timetable rewrite for December 2017 so unknown at present so at the moment on the current timetable it wouldn't make sense for it to leave at xx22 as it would catch up the xx20 Manchester Victoria unless that itself was retimed

Ah thanks.
(18/04/2017 08:19)Gordon V Wrote:  Read this link from the TPE website
https://www.tpexpress.co.uk/news/2016/04...-launches/

In particular the 13 new destinations paragraph.How would you interpret that?.Any direct link from St Helens to Edinburgh must originate in Liverpool.

It quite clearly says Dec 2018 liverpool-Glasgow. In any case they cannot start until they have new electric units.

Neither is it clear the Scarboroughs wil go via Chat this December. I have had sight of the Northern proposals and they do not include the replacement Northern service via the CLC.
(18/04/2017 17:30)mikestone Wrote:  It quite clearly says Dec 2018 liverpool-Glasgow. In any case they cannot start until they have new electric units.

Neither is it clear the Scarboroughs wil go via Chat this December. I have had sight of the Northern proposals and they do not include the replacement Northern service via the CLC.

Did you actually read the bullet point I mentioned?.It seems not as you didn't address what I asked.

Also as stated before TPE no longer serve Cheshire Lines from December this year http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...n_Central/
Heard a whisper that 68019 is for TPE.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)