Current time: 06/05/2024, 11:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(21/03/2017 20:24)Dentonian Wrote:  When I tried it briefly, some months ago, I too found it counted down to non-existant buses. Also, using my desk top as an experiment, it would onuly give journeys that hadn't already left the start point. If you tried to toggle forward one or two buses, it jumped three hours ahead! On another occasion, I tried to trace a Sunday morning 203 into Stockport - which duly showed up as passing the Bulls Head exactly 5 minutes late - predicting every subsequent stop as 5 minutes late, but miraculously on time in Stockport. It later accepted the bus would be late in Stockport, but once the five minute time was passed and the bus was (from memory) supposedly on Lancashire Hill, it simply disappeared. I can only assume it is programmed to remove any recording of buses arriving more than 5 minutes late in case VOSA are monitoring.

Whsts the poimt of setting it up then, if it isn't going to tell you a bus os more than five minutes laye, no use to intending passengers (sorry the current parlance is Customer's , this seems to be somthing some operators forgrt)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/03/2017 18:34)gilbert Wrote:  Ageism?

ENCTS never worked on the principle operators would get a full adult fare for every pensioner who travelled for free. Given the increase in bus fares for short journeys have resulted in many younger people walking instead of taking the bus I imagine we'll see more routes/sections withdrawn.
Stagecoach service changes now on the website. One change not mentioned previously is Stagecoach taking over the 415 Sunday daytime service from First.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...april-2017
(21/03/2017 20:24)Dentonian Wrote:  When I tried it briefly, some months ago, I too found it counted down to non-existant buses. Also, using my desk top as an experiment, it would only give journeys that hadn't already left the start point. If you tried to toggle forward one or two buses, it jumped three hours ahead! On another occasion, I tried to trace a Sunday morning 203 into Stockport - which duly showed up as passing the Bulls Head exactly 5 minutes late - predicting every subsequent stop as 5 minutes late, but miraculously on time in Stockport. It later accepted the bus would be late in Stockport, but once the five minute time was passed and the bus was (from memory) supposedly on Lancashire Hill, it simply disappeared. I can only assume it is programmed to remove any recording of buses arriving more than 5 minutes late in case VOSA are monitoring.

The problem with the Tracking is because it uses the AVL on from the ticket machine, so when sat in traffic on Portland st we end the trip and set up the next one to the point where we agree that the info we entered is correct or not, The clock goes off the screen so you cant see the time so then half way up Portland st we agree so we can have all the data back on the screen in turn confusing the hell out of AVL as we are travelling the wrong way from what it is expecting, Other issue is on diversion it starts to Guess our location giving out incorrect reading then takes half a mile when we rejoin the route to correct it self. Along with on routes with a regular service where busses catch up to each other it causes the AVL to get lost, In Short it relays on The driver A.Entering the correct info. B.Running to time. C.GPS actrully working on the Bus.
(22/03/2017 21:26)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach service changes now on the website. One change not mentioned previously is Stagecoach taking over the 415 Sunday daytime service from First.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...april-2017
Was reported earlier that they were taking over the 125 in Middleton but no mention of that.
(23/03/2017 09:32)rod_259 Wrote:  Was reported earlier that they were taking over the 125 in Middleton but no mention of that.

Haven't Stotts taken it over?
Stotts have got the 125, Stagecoach have got the 12
(23/03/2017 10:21)Solo40336 Wrote:  Stotts have got the 125, Stagecoach have got the 12

Cheers must gave mis-read it
(22/03/2017 20:43)Dentonian Wrote:  I believe County Councils generally have less generous "compensation" schemes for ENCTS fares than TFGM and other PTE/ITAs. In saying that the problem in GM is less elderly people travelling for the stark reason qualification for ENCTS is approaching average life expectancy.

Cheshire East isn't defined as a County Council but as a unitary Borough Council, so the same type of council as Warrington but covering a larger area. While Cheshire East council didn't officially start until April 2009, it was created as a 'shadow council' in 2008 and the shadow council actually commissioned the 'Cheshire Connect' bus livery which started appearing on buses prior to the council officially taking over.

Cheshire East actually let pass holders travel at a reduced rate pre-09:30 on weekdays, while TfGM don't offer that privilege even though they offer TfGM ENCTS holders free off-peak train and Metrolink travel.
Actually TfGM do let ENCTS holders travel for half the adult fare before 09:30 weekdays only thing is this is only available to disabled pass holders. (Not the C+ ones)

OAPs travelling before 09:30 still have to pay the full adult fare.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)