Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
D Jones seem to be turning into what GHA was getting greedy and trying for everything whilst sacrificing other services, which bugs me because D Jones have always been a traditionally well formed operator slightly gone down now and i really would not want to see D Jones end up like GHA but thats my opinion of course! Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yes I quite agree with the last post. D.Jones have virtually abandoned their ex. bread and butter Wrexham local services plus cut down the C56 to Chester via Farndon so that they can compete with Arriva on the 5 and grab at any anything going. The presentation of their once neat and tidy fleet is now pretty poor and like GHA it seems that Wrexham Bus Station has become their parking ground/ rest area. Shame really.
Davies, Leeswood
Latest to join the fleet is BGZ8599 a Volvo B10M-62 / Plaxton - C53F-New in March 2000 to Park, Hamilton last with Taylor Yeovil - it has had various registrations including HSK654 W485ASB and K6TCT

The Dennis Javelin / Marcopolo that was registered LUI7863 has now reverted to its original registration P552BAY and the DAF SB3000 / Van Hool P861PWW acquired last September now carries LUI7863

Hutchinson, Buckley

Further to my previous report last month also left the fleet is Iveco MIL8474 which went for sale via auction in Manchester.

M and H Coaches, Trefnant

The Tourismo BN08ZFM that arrived in November last year has now been given the number M777MNH.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
D Jones and Son, Acrefair

Arrived today is CS07JDS Scania K380EB4 / Irizar Century - C49Ft - new March 2007 to Docherty, Auchterarder - and latterly with Milligan, Maunchline

I understand V12DJS will be put up for sale

Ron

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
V12 is a very worthy preservation project to be quite honest.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(06/09/2013 19:25)DLG817 Wrote:  It was at the depot on Monday. Has been rested recently due to the Crusaders becoming available but now schools back may now see service again.

Ron

Any idea about the Olympian S260 KLG, whether that is still in service or not please?

Thanks in advance
(25/02/2017 15:46)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Any idea about the Olympian S260 KLG, whether that is still in service or not please?

Thanks in advance

Townlynx Olympian S260KLG is not currently being used but is still taxed.

DLG817
Townlynx, Greenfield

Expected here in about three weeks time are two brand new ADL 200 MMCs

Volvo Crusader Y969WDM was involved in a RTC last week and is unlikely to see further service.

Former Transdev W606CWX which has been donating spares for some time has now been completely scrapped on site,

Work has started to scrap on site former Dublin Olympian J861CEV [91-D-10110] and only part of the bottom deck so far remains. Sibling J860CEV [91-D-10107] is to be scrapped next.

Olympian S260KLG [98-D-20442] is still licensed and part of the fleet but is not currently being used.

DLG817
Townlynx already have at least one MMC as it was in service on the 28 yesterday in Buckley. Sorry, I am unsure about the fleet number or registration.
(01/03/2017 06:42)iMarkeh Wrote:  Townlynx already have at least one MMC as it was in service on the 28 yesterday in Buckley. Sorry, I am unsure about the fleet number or registration.

Do you know anymore information about it? (Length, color, etc)

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)