Current time: 06/05/2024, 00:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
QS 69180 is on loan to Bury and is on the 511
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Unusual working from Oldham, B9 37462 was operating the 415, according to the driver vandalism left the Solos yesterday, and then there replacements with smashed windows, leaving the Oldham with not enough buses to run the route, today saw 40336, 53145 and 37462 (on diversion Via Moston and Greengage to avoid the bridge) on the route
I may have mentioned this before but surely something needs to be done about 415 route now after what has happened recently with deckers or Streetlites covering for unavailable Solos which in theory are the only type to fit under the low railway bridge and only the other week a Dart had to be borrowed from Pionner to help cover while another Solo was off the road.

I know there was talk a couple of years ago of diverting 415 along the current diversion route permenantly so it could be more reliable and better vehicles could be used on the route but it apparently came to nothing for some unforknown reason.

Also considering the amount of breakdowns recently on the route which is now every 30mins during the day why dont First Manchester invest in newer vehicles for the route, 415 is a very well used route especially at peak times and is the only route some of the people using it have got to get them to and from Middleton and Oldham and without it some of them won't be able to get about, I'm not just talking about pensioners here I'm talking about students as well as I know quite a few of them use 415 to get them to/from the various colleges both Oldham College and to connect with other buses in Middleton to get them to/from Hopwood Hall Colleges's Middleton Campus.
(05/02/2017 08:54)M60lad Wrote:  I may have mentioned this before but surely something needs to be done about 415 route now after what has happened recently with deckers or Streetlites covering for unavailable Solos which in theory are the only type to fit under the low railway bridge and only the other week a Dart had to be borrowed from Pionner to help cover while another Solo was off the road.

I know there was talk a couple of years ago of diverting 415 along the current diversion route permenantly so it could be more reliable and better vehicles could be used on the route but it apparently came to nothing for some unforknown reason.

Also considering the amount of breakdowns recently on the route which is now every 30mins during the day why dont First Manchester invest in newer vehicles for the route, 415 is a very well used route especially at peak times and is the only route some of the people using it have got to get them to and from Middleton and Oldham and without it some of them won't be able to get about, I'm not just talking about pensioners here I'm talking about students as well as I know quite a few of them use 415 to get them to/from the various colleges both Oldham College and to connect with other buses in Middleton to get them to/from Hopwood Hall Colleges's Middleton Campus.

I would imagine thinks will become easier re the 415 once Dukinfield closes and everything moves to Oldham but I don't understand why they carnt bring in suitable buses to work the current route. Plenty of young darts similar to the ex Cornwall ones in other groups I don't see why they carnt bring a few in from elsewhere.
(05/02/2017 15:04)Dentonian Wrote:  "Young" is probably the wrong word. It would have to be buses reaching the end of their lives due to the millions (well, 32 ish iirc) of first generation sleeping policeman around Alkrington. if my calculation is correct, the bus that runs around hourly on Sundays is hitting 960 of these things in one day. No matter how good the driver is, the axles and underframes are taking a hell of a battering, so you can't be putting £80,000 (or whatever they cost) Streetlites on there regularly. But yes, I would have thought there were plenty of 10+ year old Darts around the First empire, especially as said empire is constantly (if very slowly) crumbling.

It is time that those infernal road humps were banned on all bus routes. Apart from damage to buses, they create a very unpleasant ride for passengers.
Solo's 40331 and 40332 were in use on Metroshuttle yesterday.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/02/2017 17:39)ant17612 Wrote:  Solo's 40331 and 40332 were in use on Metroshuttle yesterday.

I don't know how they can get a way with using those.... TFGM mustn't be happy..
(06/02/2017 17:49)Alexw12 Wrote:  I don't know how they can get a way with using those.... TFGM mustn't be happy..

40331 was on the 42s today
(06/02/2017 17:49)Alexw12 Wrote:  I don't know how they can get a way with using those.... TFGM mustn't be happy..

Because It's TFGM who specify the maintenance to be carried out externally and regularly.
40331 was on 42s today

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)