Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(01/02/2017 20:34)Dentonian Wrote:  It depends on who has made the mistake, but presumably VOSA will have the last word based on what their records show in terms of Registration/Fleet number/VIN. There do seem to be helluva lot of these mistakes happening between ADL & Stagecoach.

Do VOSA care about fleet numbers, then? I always thought that from their point of view, the only thing that mattered was that the VRM matched up with the VIN.

I was aware that there's a field for fleet number on the V5C, but I always believed that was just provided as a convenience to the operator. After all, plenty of operators don't even have fleet numbers, and those that do sometimes change them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/02/2017 20:54)Dentonian Wrote:  I think the principle is no fleetnumber is better than the wrong fleetnumber. It might also be to do with VIN etc. I'm not sure exactly which was wrong, but I remember that many months (possibly a couple of years) after Manchester's 19478-80 entered service, they all had to change registrations.

The fleet number is of no interest to the DVLA/VOSA. Historically, many buses in Liverpool had their fleet numbers changed when newer buses were introduced into the fleet. Until Stagecoach introduced a national fleet numbering policy, buses frequently changed numbers when transferred into other areas as still happens with Arriva.
Find all posts by this user
Today i noticed:
Green Cambridge p+r
Grey Cambridge p+r
All on tunnel services doing the 2 and X8
A 20/21 branded man Enviro300 out over birkenhead in service.
That'll be 24154 probably - that and 24143 (which is unbranded) transferred to Rock Ferry earlier this week.

Not sure if its been noted too but the Ribble livery Trident is now in corporate swoops once again too.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
It was laughable that the Ribble liveried Trident saw life on the Wirral , when the land was Crosville land.
(03/02/2017 15:12)wirralbus Wrote:  It was laughable that the Ribble liveried Trident saw life on the Wirral , when the land was Crosville land.

It made a nice change though! You can't beat the old styled livery. Would love to see one in the Old Red Rider /PMT livery on the 38's

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
(03/02/2017 15:12)wirralbus Wrote:  It was laughable that the Ribble liveried Trident saw life on the Wirral , when the land was Crosville land.

I don't really think it matters. A bus is a bus regardless of what livery it is in
(03/02/2017 15:36)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I don't really think it matters. A bus is a bus regardless of what livery it is in

I understand what your trying to say , but historical liveries mean nothing at all if they are operated in the wrong area though.
(03/02/2017 15:36)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I don't really think it matters. A bus is a bus regardless of what livery it is in

Couldn't disagree more. The variety of liveries in cities and towns outside London I makes it interesting. Just hope we don't return to a sea of boring corporation type liveries. The old Ribble one was one of the best in pre-nationali bus days.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)