Current time: 04/05/2024, 20:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
It's not worth painting the Volvo's now as they'll be withdrawn shortly. I do agree though about the Cadets.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just because the paintshop is there it doesn't mean the st helens fleet get preferential treatment, everything as to be booked in just like a normal garage would.
It is run as a seperate business to the depot, so like MM said, we wait in line like everyone else.

TT
677 678 accident damage 2491 2692 2969 plus the saints b10 which went to green Lane so to me nothing been done in the last 5 years so sthelens must be well down the line unless their not bothered about there own buses and would rather get money of other depot's for doing there buses
(22/01/2017 18:34)sth6168 Wrote:  677 678 accident damage 2491 2692 2969 plus the saints b10 which went to green Lane so to me nothing been done in the last 5 years so sthelens must be well down the line unless their not bothered about there own buses and would rather get money of other depot's for doing there buses

I don't think that's the reason why St Helens haven't had many vehicles repainted into the new livery in comparison to others. There's over 900 vehicles for the bodyshop to look after over two divisions and that involves more than just repainting the vehicles into the new standard livery. I don't know how long a repaint takes but I know for example it will take longer to repaint a larger Enviro400 compared to a much smaller Optare Solo

I'd imagine St Helens will have a lot more vehicles in the new livery once the upcoming fleet movements have been completed
With the fleet movement thats happening theres no point st helens wasting there budget on repaints just yet untill the fleet movements settle down as it would mean st helens pay for another depots gain.
Repaints can take upto a week depending on how good of a job you want doing then you have the seat retrims which can be time consuming so a full overall may take 1-2 weeks .
Fleet refurbishment comes from the depots budget.

For example if a depot spend too much on refurbishment, they may not have enough money in their budget should something like a serious repair come about such as a replacement engine needed. It's one of the many reasons the Bolton depot Man Alx300 and Daf Myllenium didn't receive a repair as it was too uneconomical.
Wright Renown 2720 is on the 10A, it's just gone through Thatto Heath Heading towards Liverpool

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/01/2017 08:49)T42 PVM Wrote:  Wright Renown 2720 is on the 10A, it's just gone through Thatto Heath Heading towards Liverpool

2698 is also out on the 10, St Helens bound now at Alder Hey.

I take it St Helens are short on deckers for some reason as 2982 was on Rainford High Schools this morning to.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
(25/01/2017 09:56)sth77 Wrote:  2698 is also out on the 10, St Helens bound now at Alder Hey.

I take it St Helens are short on deckers for some reason as 2982 was on Rainford High Schools this morning to.

Depends on which rainford high contract it was as 1 of the routes operates under a low bridge up near chain lane so requires a single decker.

User(s) browsing this thread: 79 Guest(s)