Current time: 06/05/2024, 04:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Obviously not a good day for First Manchester by all accounts as as well as Bolton which had this incident Oldham Depot had at least 2 breakdowns yesterday, 30960 broke down on Oldham Road while on its way to Manchester on a 182 at about 09:45 in the morning (No Acceleration), then just after this had happened I noticed a 180/184 branded Enviro400 being towed back to Oldahm Depot by FAM Recovery.

As for the incident at with the minibus at Bolton be interesting what happens with this one as these staff minibuses at each depot are leased as far as I'm concerend so I'm guessing First will have to pay for the damage to be fixed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/01/2017 05:27)M60lad Wrote:  As for the incident at with the minibus at Bolton be interesting what happens with this one as these staff minibuses at each depot are leased as far as I'm concerend so I'm guessing First will have to pay for the damage to be fixed.

Depends who is at fault, I'm told the other vehicle involved jumped the red light, if that's the case then the insurance will be paying for it and First should get a courtesy vehicle in return
(21/01/2017 16:12)Solo40336 Wrote:  Depends who is at fault, I'm told the other vehicle involved jumped the red light, if that's the case then the insurance will be paying for it and First should get a courtesy vehicle in return

They do have two other staff shuttles at Bolton though lol
(21/01/2017 16:12)Solo40336 Wrote:  Depends who is at fault, I'm told the other vehicle involved jumped the red light, if that's the case then the insurance will be paying for it and First should get a courtesy vehicle in return

I wonder if it's driven anything like the minibus at Dukinfield, that dosen't observe any of the pedestrian crossings or give way markers and basically gets driven around Hyde and Ashton bus statin like an F1 car.
I've seen that too, I really seriously hope someone gets a snap of whoever is driving it & report them to first.

Some idiot driver who clearly doesn't give a monkeys about safety of people.
(21/01/2017 05:27)M60lad Wrote:  Obviously not a good day for First Manchester by all accounts as as well as Bolton which had this incident Oldham Depot had at least 2 breakdowns yesterday, 30960 broke down on Oldham Road while on its way to Manchester on a 182 at about 09:45 in the morning (No Acceleration), then just after this had happened I noticed a 180/184 branded Enviro400 being towed back to Oldahm Depot by FAM Recovery.

As for the incident at with the minibus at Bolton be interesting what happens with this one as these staff minibuses at each depot are leased as far as I'm concerend so I'm guessing First will have to pay for the damage to be fixed.

Did spot 30960 parked up at Dean Lane stop at around 0930ish yesterday. Was wondering if had broken down or not.
Regarding 30960 it was fine until it got to that bus stop and dropped someone off then no matter what the driver did it just wasn't giving any revs whatsoever, he tried everything to get it going including employing and deploying the ramp to no evail.

He even tried the emergency stop at the back which was a big mistake as it wouldnt start after that.

Unfortunate for him though as he was on a split duty and was due to take bus empty from Manchester back to depot but instead he had to sit with the vehicle until they came out to him.
For anyone who's interest 10017 the unique Scania bendy that was involved in the incident on M60 is now withdrawn from service and is parked on the back wall at Oldham Depot along with other withdrawn vehicles, without going into too much detail all I'll say is that its now a write off as the turntable is beyond economic repair.
(22/01/2017 17:29)M60lad Wrote:  For anyone who's interest 10017 the unique Scania bendy that was involved in the incident on M60 is now withdrawn from service and is parked on the back wall at Oldham Depot along with other withdrawn vehicles, without going into too much detail all I'll say is that its now a write off as the turntable is beyond economic repair.

Such a shame! :-(
I guess they did try and save it, with it being in the pits for a few weeks
Aye that it is but the turntable ain't gonna be a cheap fix as it's such an integral part of a bendy.

On a happier note the citaros still seem to be plodding along & haven't suffered too many breakdowns lately. Think queens rd have lost their allocation now, not sure about the other depots.

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)