Current time: 05/05/2024, 11:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Its amazing how the six car workings on the south wirral stay in place but the north wirral ones dont at night .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
My train from Maghull to Ormskirk this morning was formed of 507024 and 508136 left Maghull at 06:33 arriving into Ormskirk 5 minutes late. But on its return journey to Liverpool my girlfriend boarded at Maghull to go to Orrell Park and they made an announcement on board the train apologizing for the late running which was due to a fault with the train. It did struggle leaving Maghull when I was on it but it thought it was because the tracks where wet and slippery. Wonder if this unit is still in service?
(06/01/2017 01:14)wirralbus Wrote:  Its amazing how the six car workings on the south wirral stay in place but the north wirral ones dont at night .

Basically the north wirral part has places where 6 cars can easily be split down, south wirral doesn't. One of the Chester 6 cars goes out of service early evening when the service reverts to half hourly.
The Mayor of Liverpool has confirmed that the proposed Vauxhall station will go ahead.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(07/01/2017 07:28)childwallblues Wrote:  The Mayor of Liverpool has confirmed that the proposed Vauxhall station will go ahead.

That station at Vauxhall , St James , Maghull North and Town Meadow where all long term aspirations for Merseytravel , i do wonder how many of them will be built .
(07/01/2017 16:18)wirralbus Wrote:  That station at Vauxhall , St James , Maghull North and Town Meadow where all long term aspirations for Merseytravel , i do wonder how many of them will be built .

Maghull North is being started on later this year. Smile
Hopefully it will be given a decent name!
The amount of people that presently call James Street St James will make that station really confusing if it ever see's the light of day , pardon the pun as it will be in a deep cutting.
I have lived in Liverpool all my life and I have never heard James Street called St James. Must be a Wirralism!

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I'd imagine considering where it is rather to avoid possible confusion St James station could possibly be given a different name (Baltic Triangle, Parliament Street etc) if it does reopen. I've never heard of the two being confused in the past but I can imagine there may be some if they were written in abbreviated form (James St and St James) on a map for example. There are a few people I've told about St James station and its possible reopening that didn't even know it existed until I pointed it out to them when passing through it on the train

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)