Current time: 18/05/2024, 22:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
It needs a decent vehicle type on it , the 487 is one of the heaviest loading single decker routes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/01/2017 20:11)wirralbus Wrote:  If there using the streetlites on the birkenhead Central - Birkenhead North shuttle service , what is being used on the 487 instead ?

There was a loaned B10BLE on it today, 2717 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/31708824930

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
I'd rather have a Pulsar, Commander or Renown than a Streetlite!
(04/01/2017 08:34)MX12 KVM Wrote:  I'd rather have a Pulsar, Commander or Renown than a Streetlite!

snap, would even take a myllennium over a streetlite!
Sounds like the consenus of opinion is that the Streetlites arent worth the money spent on them , the problem with the 487 was it needs single deckers for the work it does.
(04/01/2017 17:42)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like the consenus of opinion is that the Streetlites arent worth the money spent on them , the problem with the 487 was it needs single deckers for the work it does.

It's down to personal opinion (which I respect) but I'm sure regular customers of the 487 would rather have the StreetLites over the Cadets that used to be on the 487. The StreetLites have more eight more seats than the Cadets had and they are also fitted with e-leather seating and free WiFi - the latter is a feature that has become very important to commuters in recent times. I do agree that there's not enough openng windows but there is the higher cost of replacing windows on bonded glazing (especially opening ones) if they are smashed or otherwise damaged
3010 was on the 487 today with 6004/5 + one more on rails and 669 on the 495 (or 492).
Loaned 4566 4573 4627 and 4670 were noted on tunnel routes.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(04/01/2017 17:42)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like the consenus of opinion is that the Streetlites arent worth the money spent on them , the problem with the 487 was it needs single deckers for the work it does.
To me they are just an unappealing bus with their looks and the engine/gearbox (not sure what type) they have is just as bad.
(04/01/2017 19:17)MX12 KVM Wrote:  To me they are just an unappealing bus with their looks and the engine/gearbox (not sure what type) they have is just as bad.

At one time Wrightbus could be guaranteed to build some very stylish looking vehicles . The last half decent vehicle they built was the New Routemaster for London after that they have built some rather bland looking vehicles , Streetlite , Streetdeck .
(04/01/2017 21:05)wirralbus Wrote:  At one time Wrightbus could be guaranteed to build some very stylish looking vehicles . The last half decent vehicle they built was the New Routemaster for London after that they have built some rather bland looking vehicles , Streetlite , Streetdeck .

Just to clarify - the StreetLite has been in production since 2010 and the New Routemaster (which I personally think is a horrible looking bus and entered mass production after 2010) wasn't actually designed by Wrightbus. Also announced recently is the contract to build the New Routemasters has been cancelled by the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)