Current time: 05/05/2024, 20:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Darts 34799 and 34800 have left Wigan and been cascaded to Ashford.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Enviro 400 painted in Chinese Livery will soon be loosing its livery and going back to Beech ball Livery
Find all posts by this user
(22/12/2016 23:34)GRIMSTER02 Wrote:  The Enviro 400 painted in Chinese Livery will soon be loosing its livery and going back to Beech ball Livery

This seems to be at Stockport now, on the 384 the other day and the 368 today.
(24/12/2016 15:13)Redmikey Wrote:  This seems to be at Stockport now, on the 384 the other day and the 368 today.

It's been at daw bank for a while now making the livery pretty pointless given that it very rearly goes into town - I suspect this is the reason for it's repaint so soon.
Shame really as it used to attract a lot of attention from non enthusiasts.
(24/12/2016 16:30)Mayneway Wrote:  It's been at daw bank for a while now making the livery pretty pointless given that it very rearly goes into town - I suspect this is the reason for it's repaint so soon.
Shame really as it used to attract a lot of attention from non enthusiasts.

Yh it went to Stockport a while ago now Big Grin it was ment to be returning to HE but Stockport seems to be keeping it now so it will be loosing the livery and going back to beech ball livery. On the bright side the Guy who got that bus painted is looking for another one to paint up and another livery. But the Paint shop busy with the wigan MAN's single deckers. Now they finished the rush of Magic buses
There's not going to be any non-DDA single deckers in service, the deadline was 1st Jan 2016
(24/12/2016 22:08)Dentonian Wrote:  Maybe they are just regarded as time-expired then. That suggests they could continue until (at least) 29 January changes. FTR, the ones I have as still in service are 22303/5/8/27/8/35.

The ex Cambridge 'AE51' MANs were replacements for older non DDA MANs I seem to remember so there certainly DDA complient. There has been suggestions, after a load of money has been spent on them, that the engineer dept in Manchester don't like them and there not as reliable as first thought so several reports have suggested all/stockports/Wigans were to be withdrawn but where Wigan was concerned wernt ex Scottish Enviro300's meant to be replacing them with only a couple so far turning up.

Obviously the service change date might see the remaining ones off but isn't there still some in use at Middleton?
(24/12/2016 23:37)Mayneway Wrote:  The ex Cambridge 'AE51' MANs were replacements for older non DDA MANs I seem to remember so there certainly DDA complient. There has been suggestions, after a load of money has been spent on them, that the engineer dept in Manchester don't like them and there not as reliable as first thought so several reports have suggested all/stockports/Wigans were to be withdrawn but where Wigan was concerned wernt ex Scottish Enviro300's meant to be replacing them with only a couple so far turning up.

Obviously the service change date might see the remaining ones off but isn't there still some in use at Middleton?

I have not seen any operating from Middleton for some weeks now.
(24/12/2016 23:37)Mayneway Wrote:  The ex Cambridge 'AE51' MANs were replacements for older non DDA MANs I seem to remember so there certainly DDA complient. There has been suggestions, after a load of money has been spent on them, that the engineer dept in Manchester don't like them and there not as reliable as first thought so several reports have suggested all/stockports/Wigans were to be withdrawn but where Wigan was concerned wernt ex Scottish Enviro300's meant to be replacing them with only a couple so far turning up.

the MAN i believe are just about DDA . reliablity isnt there thou when HE had one it was on the pits more then the road ending in a massive oil leak and last time i seen it before it left for Wigan there wasn't an engine in it Rules around the DDA buses are funny . in simple terms the desti blind must be a Certain height. wheel chair accessible which they are a main reason why HE doesn't have them is the Emmissions Ban for oxford rd plus most services are too busy also it can prove more fuel efficient to send a decker then a single. I cant remember if the MANs took adblue if they didn't that make it Very diesel and emissions high.

Everything on Oxford Rd should meet Euro 5 emission standard that can be a Euro 4 engine Upgraded to meet the Standard. A Euro 5 Engine, Euro 6. Others rules many of you will be aware off is on Tendered services the bus can't be more then 10years old but thats in Manchester else where is different. Hence why all the rubbish goes wigan and Blackpool.
(24/12/2016 23:53)GRIMSTER02 Wrote:  Hence why all the rubbish goes wigan and Blackpool.

Stagecoach, doesn't have any depots in Blackpool or on the Fylde Coast, the last one Fleetwood was closed back in April.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)