Current time: 20/06/2024, 11:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
RE: National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
Until the early 70s Man Island was used for long distance coaches normally operated by Crosville before National Express came into being, once National Express started coaches moved to Skelhorne Street.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Well I wouldn't want at 25 minute bus journey from Wallasey to Liverpool, then get another bus or a train to LSP to change onto a coach for the 65+ minute trip to Manchester City Centre.

It would be easier just to get to Birkenhead and get the train to Liverpool and onto Manchester. It may cost a few pounds more but would take half the time.

It's true that LSP would benefit those from around the south of Liverpool and also the Halton area. But what about North Liverpool and the Wirral?
(15/02/2016 17:49)moreton407 Wrote:  It's true that LSP would benefit those from around the south of Liverpool and also the Halton area. But what about North Liverpool and the Wirral?

They would still have the option to travel to/from Liverpool One just with an added stop at LSP en-route on some journeys.
Really the only way LSP would help people from Halton is if they lived close to Runcorn or Widnes train stations, otherwise it is out of the way for people still requiring a bus, so that is all rather silly. Also it wouldn't help everybody in South Liverpool as it would still be an inconvenience to some, it wouldn't help those in Netherley/Childwall, so the amount of people it would help is quite miniscule.
Well where ever the Coach goes to or from or via, someone is going to have to get some other type of transport to get to a terminus or stop. The travelling public will find the easiest, quickest and sometimes the cheapest way to get to there destination.

Liverpool One might not be the best place to catch a coach (neither is the bus stop on Europa Boulevard in Birkenhead) but it is central for the majority of the travelling public.
(15/02/2016 18:56)moreton407 Wrote:  Well where ever the Coach goes to or from or via, someone is going to have to get some other type of transport to get to a terminus or stop. The travelling public will find the easiest, quickest and sometimes the cheapest way to get to there destination.

Liverpool One might not be the best place to catch a coach (neither is the bus stop on Europa Boulevard in Birkenhead) but it is central for the majority of the travelling public.

That is very true, I agree.
(15/02/2016 18:56)moreton407 Wrote:  Well where ever the Coach goes to or from or via, someone is going to have to get some other type of transport to get to a terminus or stop. The travelling public will find the easiest, quickest and sometimes the cheapest way to get to there destination.

Indeed Liverpool One might not be perfect but it's more convenient than LSP, National Express will lose a lot of custom if they went to LSP instead with only a few journeys calling in the City Centre talk about biting the hand that feeds you, passengers don't want to mess around getting multiple connections just to get a coach adding extra time to the journey, plus when going home on NEX i want to get home asap when i get off the coach not mess about having to go via point z to go from a to b that'd just put me off using NEX & i wouldn't be able to get coaches departing before 7am as i'd have to change at point z.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(15/02/2016 22:10)MTL0201 Wrote:  Indeed Liverpool One might not be perfect but it's more convenient than LSP, National Express will lose a lot of custom if they went to LSP instead with only a few journeys calling in the City Centre talk about biting the hand that feeds you, passengers don't want to mess around getting multiple connections just to get a coach adding extra time to the journey, plus when going home on NEX i want to get home asap when i get off the coach not mess about having to go via point z to go from a to b that'd just put me off using NEX & i wouldn't be able to get coaches departing before 7am as i'd have to change at point z.

@MTL0201 I'm sorry mate but I really don't understand your massive problem and issues with Liverpool South Parkway being used by National Express. As I have suggested ALL National Express journeys could serve both Liverpool One and Liverpool South Parkway with the order of stopping at each place depending on which way the journey comes into or leaves Liverpool, meaning that the likes of you who don't want to use Liverpool South Parkway don't have to and can travel to/from Liverpool City Centre as usual.

Also LSP is well served by Merseyrail, Northern Rail, London Midland, TransPennine Express and East Midlands Trains as well as numerous bus services and a dedicated taxi drop-off point so there are plenty of options throughout the day and night for passengers to use to head for their final home destination.

I mean you say about going from A to B via Z living in Woolton I used to have do that all the time for 10 years when I holidayed in Cornwall. We either had to pay £10-£15 for a taxi or get the train to Lime Street and walk to Norton Street. Now we have even further to walk through the main busy city centre part of Liverpool or pay an extra £3-£5 for a taxi to Liverpool One this.

Plus as friend said and I agree between 10pm-1am we would much rather depart/arrive from/at Liverpool South Parkway than Liverpool One. I now realise that us residents in South Liverpool and surrounding area are isolated where National Express is concerned which is very unfair.
We all agree on one point though don't we , Liverpool One is a bit out of the way in Liverpool for National Express departures.

im sure there is a lot like JamesR19 who don't like the feel of a walk towards to the city centre during the night hour's in that particular area of the city , maybe not bad during the daylight hours when there is more sensible people about .
The point which being missed here is that coaches still stop near to Norton Street en route to/from Liverpool One, so everyone doesn't have to go to Liverpool One.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)