Current time: 26/06/2024, 07:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QBP Liverpool and Wirral
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral
Not seen a First bus on the 471/2 the two vehicles i saw in prenton were both Arriva DLA's , just about acceptable , you would have thought that both companies knew exactly when the QBP was going to start and get reasonably good vehicles in or at least hold off the QBP till middle August when the Olympics had finished and the cascades could start properly. A case of a Merseytravel and the bus companies rushing something.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
All first vehicles I've seen today and yesterday were Solars
What is the reasoning for the peak workings to and from Barnston , do these trips beyond Heswall carry many passengers .
I would trace them back to the 418 the original peak hour variant of the 419, which did the Lower Village Loop. I suspect the Barnston extension was to give a peakhour service to Barnston after the 75/6 stopped. It also gets the 472 back closer to Laird Street in service.
Hmm quite a lot of the locals who wait at my stop Sir Thomas Street were quite confused this morning which is understanding tbh, the time table for 1/2 471/472 for some seems a bit hard to understand and it is confusing from my own experience to be honest. If a quality partnership is to work, they should not change the frequencies or services , buses should be refurbished adequate (I:e Double Deck ) and of course tickets should be allowed to be used on the routes the QBP is based upon - in my view anyway

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
There was always going to be confusion with any QBP's on the Wirral as either First or Arriva where going to be using a route number which is alien to them .
Theres been no notification on bus stops round here as to say about the alterations, not even notification of the 2 ( then route 3) avoiding rivacre

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
just had a phone call of arriva and they said they will look at the point i raised regarding the new QBP on the wirral between liverpool and chester Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/07/2012 12:22)bolton bus basher Wrote:  just had a phone call of arriva and they said they will look at the point i raised regarding the new QBP on the wirral between liverpool and chester Smile

what was the point you raised?

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Chester have 69310 on the 2

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)