Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QBP Liverpool and Wirral
QBP Liverpool and Wirral
This topic is to discuss the following
10/10A Liverpool - St Helens
14/14A Liverpool - Kirkby/Croxteth
53/A Liverpool - Crosby or Aintree Hospital
82/86 Liverpool - South Parkway, Speke or Airport

1/2 Liverpool - Chester
471/2 Liverpool - Heswall

Good or bad points welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: QBP Wirral & Liverpool
10/10A i still feel was better before this QBP came in

and if there is not a more early service introduced from liverpool- chester them 2 very friendly people will lose their jobs

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral
The 86 route, and to a somewhat lesser extent the 82, are real shadows of their former selves following the QBP changes. Arriva's generally excellent service has been reduced and a colossal loss of 10 buses an hour on the 86 corridor took place in making way for the "Quality" Bus Partnership.

The QBPs are a massive step backwards and have only exacerbated the overcrowding problem on the 10, 82 and 86 routes and offered little in return.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
the 10A over the last 3 months in mid days have been getting worse slowly and now you get standing loads on a mid day trip so lets sum this up now
bus trip to college, standing load
trip home for dinner, standing load
trip back to college 50/50
trip back home, standing load

another thing thats been an issue for over 6 months all the 10/10A buses leaving Queen Square between 7 and 8pm standing load!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
There have been few advantages with these QBP's like inter-availability of tickets and in some cases (10A & 1 for example) there is an improved evening frequency/service although the general pattern does seem to mean reductions. One disappointment on the 10A is the lack of later journeys (last bus from St Helens 2255).
1 - Not much change tbh, just going through A Estate it stated going through last month by Cheshire Oaks but still every 30 on a Sunday and Everning.

2 - Utter Discrace it currently takes 1 hour 8 mins to Chester and when it starts it will take 1 hour to Ellesmere Port how does it take that long?
Also withdrawn the X11 was a bad idea.

X2 - good move but that should run to Liverpool also as a replacement for X11

471/2 - pointless move tbh for a Sunday night what's the point in it going Liverpool have you ever seen the 171/2 it's very empty and hence the reason first never operated a Sunday night

There are my views on the Wirral QBP
yea its bad from st helens if you want to get home and less buses in the daytime meaning they get more busy and sadly none of the companys want to DD it

Maybe with Dowd & his sidekick leaving merseytravel things will improve,this Qbp is a

load of nonsence,new broom sweeps clean

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
One thing it will do for the bus companies though is making there buses on the QBP routes quite profitable as they will not be competing for custom any more .

The QBP's are just natural progression from Deregulation and are basically an appeasement to total reregulation that the major bus groupings dont want .
According to the training session Arriva gave to their drivers, the new number 2 takes the exact same amount of time to get to Ellesmere Port as it follows the same route as the 401, then does a 3 from EP to Chester.

I think its a waste of time, personally.

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)