Current time: 20/05/2024, 23:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Get me there and Contactless card payment
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment
(15/01/2021 18:49)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I know you can buy Get Me There tickets for the Metrolink via their app. I think there should be a push for other products to be sold this way, which will help the fraud problem. Especially if QR Code verification is in place, which it is for most if not all operators in Greater Manchester

In West Yorkshire, Metro has recently launched a MCard (West Yorkshire equivalent of Getmethere) Mobile app to allow people to buy their MCard tickets as an m-ticket rather than a Smartcard ticket. There is also an app available where smartcard tickets can be loaded onto the smartcard via NFC. Does feel like a case of "if they can do it, why can we in Greater Manchester?"

https://www.m-card.co.uk/mcard-mobile-app/

The getmethere app does need to be expanded to allow bus tickets or multi-mode tickets to be bought via mobile apps. I know the app was created as a stop-gap measure while TfGM worked on developing the smartcard and the readers at the stops for tap and go (smart card or contactless) but feel like they could have expanded the app more, particularly as in the last year, we've seen operators encouraging passengers to use contactless and m-tickets more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - SF07 - 16/01/2021 13:52

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)