Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Get me there and Contactless card payment - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Get me there and Contactless card payment (/showthread.php?tid=1664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Get me there and Contactless card payment - Mrboo - 14/01/2021 11:50

Due to payments bouncing First / DNW / GNW / Arriva / Vision will only issue get me there tickets if you pay by cash.

They are saying it due to fraud but it more down to the payment system as often they take payment overnight and not at time you buy the ticket.

So people can endup spending the money then the bank would bounce the payment if customer would go into overdraft. I had it many times when I have got a first week on card and they ended up blocking my card due to they when to take the payment after I then spend the money on the card.

Due to the way the system is setup System one would still want payment if the payment was bounced.

But I also think they doing this also to push there own tickets.

RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - chris-s - 14/01/2021 11:55

It is due to fraud and under police investigation at the moment

RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - motormayhem1 - 14/01/2021 12:03

(14/01/2021 11:50)Mrboo Wrote:  Due to payments bouncing First / DNW / GNW / Arriva / Vision will only issue get me there tickets if you pay by cash.

They are saying it due to fraud but it more down to the payment system as often they take payment overnight and not at time you buy the ticket.

So people can endup spending the money then the bank would bounce the payment if customer would go into overdraft. I had it many times when I have got a first week on card and they ended up blocking my card due to they when to take the payment after I then spend the money on the card.

Due to the way the system is setup System one would still want payment if the payment was bounced.

Its definitely fraud.

RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - Liamkennedy2231 - 14/01/2021 12:05

That’s the issue with offline transactions, when they say ‘Approved’ it doesn’t actually mean it’s gone through, just that your details have been stored successfully for processing later.

RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - Pulsar2 - 14/01/2021 12:07

(14/01/2021 11:55)chris-s Wrote:  It is due to fraud and under police investigation at the moment

From Sunday 17th January cash only for system one weekly ticket due to fraud.

RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - Mayneway - 14/01/2021 12:19

(14/01/2021 11:50)Mrboo Wrote:  Due to payments bouncing First / DNW / GNW / Arriva / Vision will only issue get me there tickets if you pay by cash.

As a driver I can 100% say it’s nothing to do with what you’ve written above.
When a group of lads board your bus and the first one wants an anybus weekly (£19.50), pulls out a big bundle of cards and wants to try every card until one goes through, then the lad behind wants to do the same etc etc.
Company’s have been asked to suspend taking the card payments while police investigate. It’s apparently a massive police operation, problem is the company I work for have now seen a swing towards our own weeklys being bought fraudulently with many flagging up as ‘hotlisted’ days after they were bought. I can see it going back to a cash only system.

RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - knutstransport - 14/01/2021 12:42

D&G put this on their website last year:
"Please note that due to high rates of fraudulent transactions taking place we are unable to accept contactless payments when purchasing a Get Me There ticket, but we still accept them for System One tickets."

I think on the D&G machines the system does a provisional verification payment of 10p, changing to the correct amount at the end of the day.

RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - motormayhem1 - 14/01/2021 13:10

(14/01/2021 12:19)Mayneway Wrote:  As a driver I can 100% say it’s nothing to do with what you’ve written above.
When a group of lads board your bus and the first one wants an anybus weekly (£19.50), pulls out a big bundle of cards and wants to try every card until one goes through, then the lad behind wants to do the same etc etc.
Company’s have been asked to suspend taking the card payments while police investigate. It’s apparently a massive police operation, problem is the company I work for have now seen a swing towards our own weeklys being bought fraudulently with many flagging up as ‘hotlisted’ days after they were bought. I can see it going back to a cash only system.
The group just dont give up as they will get on the same bus and ask the same driver for weekly on his way back out of wigan even though they have just give them one going in.
Very persistent and not bothered that people know what they are doing as they carry on regardless.

RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - Mrboo - 14/01/2021 13:12

(14/01/2021 12:19)Mayneway Wrote:  As a driver I can 100% say it’s nothing to do with what you’ve written above.
And when that happens you hit the hidden radio button as soon as safe

RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - Liamkennedy2231 - 14/01/2021 13:13

(14/01/2021 13:10)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The group just dont give up as they will get on the same bus and ask the same driver for weekly on his way back out of wigan even though they have just give them one going in.
Very persistent and not bothered that people know what they are doing as they carry on regardless.

Is it the same group of lads all the time?