Current time: 03/10/2024, 02:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fairbrother's of Warrington
RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington
(15/09/2015 19:34)Dentonian Wrote:  To be commercially viable, it would need to go a bit beyond "towards" drivers' wages. I wasn't aware Smith's of Marple had commercial school services either. I thought nearly all GM school services were TFGM tenders, with the remainder subsidised by the (private/faith schools or Acadamies) in question.

Without digging too deep - not least in case I missed it earlier in the thread - I assume that both Fairbrothers and Springfields gave/are giving 8 weeks notice to withdraw/introduce their services respectively.

Clearly the 3 school services are commercially viable otherwise Mr Fairbrother wouldn't be kicking up a fuss nor would he have operated them for the number of years that he has done.
In your realise post you seemed to question RSturbos comment about the school services being 'a good earner' so I was simply pointing out that £1800 a week is a hell of a lot of money for a small business like Fairbothers. Small change for TFGM who can spend thousands on local radio adverts for Metrolink despite the savage budget cuts - whoops wrong thread Smile

Smiths of Marple operate mainly in Derbyshire and Glossop and I believe have a standard school fare of £1.00 per child - now increased to £1.50
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - djb - 30/12/2016, 06:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)