Current time: 27/09/2024, 20:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
(17/08/2017 20:20)Dentonian Wrote:  I read that, and frankly I was surprised. I did some comparisons and found betwen Northern Moor, Wythenshawe and he Airport, Metrolink was pretty cheap. Without checking again, iirc Peak returns were £3.80 from Northern Moor to Wythenshawe (3 miles?) and just £2.40 from Wythenshawe to the Airport (well over a mile). I would have thought the more logical objection was the extra walking distance.

On a seperate issue; why on earth are Arriva sticking with the number 18, as it will now be completely different. For those outside the area, we are talking miles and miles off the current route. It should be renumbered something like 248

Completely agree regards prices. Sounds to me like someone objecting who doesn't use the service, or they've simply used a generic argument from something previous.

I live on the affected stretch of 18 route, and with the exception of a peak travelcard (and to be fair metrolink is a lot bigger than arrivas network), the tram is cheaper or the same price for single, return, and weekly/monthly.

Some Bus services are struggling in the area, but I think the tram has simply accelerated a decline that was already in place on certain routes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Arriva - Wythenshawe. - John I - 14/05/2014, 22:06

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)