Current time: 18/05/2024, 08:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
On a commander the other day, it surprised me how the hell the driver squeezed a commander down the back lanes on the 88 nr knutsford.

The extra 4ft on a cadet makes it tricky, particularly if 2 buses have to pass. There's a certain bend where they have to inch past one another. Also leaving knutsford bus station a commander has to take a damn wide swoop to get round as it can be quite tight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/08/2016 20:42)33109 Wrote:  On a commander the other day, it surprised me how the hell the driver squeezed a commander down the back lanes on the 88 nr knutsford.

The extra 4ft on a cadet makes it tricky, particularly if 2 buses have to pass. There's a certain bend where they have to inch past one another. Also leaving knutsford bus station a commander has to take a damn wide swoop to get round as it can be quite tight.

When you say back lanes near Knutsford I guess you mean B5085 in Mobberley. There's been 50 seater coaches used on school and works contracts which have gone via that road for 30 years+ so I don't think a 44 seater Commander should have problems getting around the bends.

Really Knutsford Bus station and the junction of the A537 and the B5085 need reworking. Both were reworked by supermarkets as part of their development plans and aren't ideal for larger vehicles. In the case of the latter any Arriva bus is smaller than the lorries going to and from Parkgate Industrial Estate
(09/08/2016 09:11)knutstransport Wrote:  If this fleet list: http://www.ukbuses.co.uk/fleet/anw.pdf is correct the non-Sapphire single deckers at Wythenshawe have 39 to 44 seats so I wouldn't have thought one type of bus is significantly longer than another.

I've noticed in the list that Pulsars up to 2700 are shown as B39F but those after 2900 are B44F - surely they are all B44F aren't they!
(10/08/2016 16:27)507022 Wrote:  I've noticed in the list that Pulsars up to 2700 are shown as B39F but those after 2900 are B44F - surely they are all B44F aren't they!

Yes are correct ALL the Pulsars are B44F
Knutstransport - Yh that's where I meant & going through the estates heading out of wilmslow was a squeeze in places but mainly due to cars parked in stupid places.

As for pulsars I like em just not the sapphire branded 1s. Find the announcement annoying & the leather seats plus the blue paint IMHO makes the interiors look dark. The regular pulsars that've been left normal I much prefer.
Knutsford Guardian Wrote:A SHOCKED passenger of a bus travelling through Mobberley has described the moment a ‘bullet’ was fired through the window.

Police were called to the scene in Town Lane on Wednesday, August 24 just at around 2.20pm following reports of a ‘gunshot’ fired at the 88 Arriva bus from Knutsford to Altrincham.

According to an eye-witness, a ‘rifle’ was heard before the glass shattered, leaving a small hole in the window.

There was apparently an elderly woman sat close to where the hole appeared.

Michael Harrison, who was on the bus, said: “I was on the bus just getting into Mobberley when I heard a rifle and straight after, the window shattered.

“If it had been a second later it would have been a different story as a lady was sat right next to it. Police were then called.

“I was just shocked that it had happened.”

A spokesperson said that officers conducted a search of the area but found nobody or any weapons nearby.

The Guardian was also told that the incident was being treated as ‘suspicious’ damage to the vehicle.

The investigation is ongoing.

Arriva has been contacted for a statement, but was unable to comment at the time the Guardian went to press.

Anyone with information should contact Cheshire Police on 101.

http://www.knutsfordguardian.co.uk/news/...Mobberley/
(10/08/2016 23:06)33109 Wrote:  Knutstransport - Yh that's where I meant & going through the estates heading out of wilmslow was a squeeze in places but mainly due to cars parked in stupid places.

As for pulsars I like em just not the sapphire branded 1s. Find the announcement annoying & the leather seats plus the blue paint IMHO makes the interiors look dark. The regular pulsars that've been left normal I much prefer.

Yes but the audio announcements are there for the blind a parsly sighted although there are some buses in sapphire spec where audio announcements do fail
Won't it soon be a legal requirement to have all buses fitted with this technology to comply with DDA? I'm sure the government was looking at 2020.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Not sure if reported but 2519 has turned up here. It's on the 06:45 88 ex Altrincham.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Wythenshawe seem to have inherited a few cadets from other depots just recently, most are usually employed on the 88.

The 88 last week was an absolute nightmare, buses running up to 30 mins late during school hours. Problem seems to be it's quite a lengthy run from knutsford - alty, traffic in & around altrincham atm is heavy due to their being a diversion in place near the bus station. Also around/wilmslow & knutsford congestion is chaotic to say the least.
2503 is at Bolton Bus, 2550 is missing of your list, thats been at Wythenshawe for a long time

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)