Current time: 08/05/2024, 23:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(20/11/2014 12:12)james Wrote:  4 streetlights and 3 b9s from pioneer until april (ish)

Are big changes planned for April or is everything simply being returned to Dukinfield in the hope they find enough drivers?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Not sure which one but a Streetlite was allocated to the duty that does 20:05 182 Rochdale-Manchester and 21:20 182 Manchester-Rochdale return journey yesterday evening.

There's also been a Streelite on 83 and 425 this past week, so it looks like their starting to wonder
The £10 'Super Saver' weekly ticket, that is available on the 36/37 routes between Little Hulton, Walkden, Swinton and Manchester has now become part of the permanent ticket range as of today (22 November). Should imagine Stagecoach following suit with their £10 Megarider offer on the 38.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...431&conf=0
Twice during the week I saw Enviro300s on route 22, I think 67402 on Tuesday and 67401 on Wednesday. Maybe the Enviro300s and Eclipses at Bolton will become a bit more freely mixed?
Slight rarity of note today was optare 49118 working the #1 metroshuttle services. Assume its just here for day as cover while anothers off the road?
As I am considering catching a First X34 next Saturday, I suddenly realise I am not sure whether these run from Bolton or Queens Road depot. Can anyone enlighten me please? Thanks!
(23/11/2014 21:25)Dentonian Wrote:  I think all off-peak (and therefore including Saturday) workings are Queens Road, with Geminis. Beware though, there are major roadworks on the X34 (as well as a number of other services on/near the East Lancs Road), so I would check First's website before travelling.
Yes, definitely Queens Road. 39207 was working on of the 3 turns last Friday. (They used to manage with 2 turns before the roadworks & Manchester continental market, but instead of returning immediately from Manchester to Leigh, 39207 disappeared for an hour, presumably to Queens Road, and reappeared an hour later to run to Leigh. Stagecoach also to be swapping buses at the Leigh end, to cater for possible late running.)
Oldham depot driver has finished third place in the National Bus Awards for the Top National Driver award

http://oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-featu...us-drivers
Due to major bridgeworks Broughton Road is closed at the railway bridge in both direcitions at the moment until next Summer, this is causing major problems especially during the peak times to all Salford services with some services running upto 40/50 minutes late from what I've heard due to extra traffic on Broad Street and Fredrick Road using the routes as a diversion route.
I noticed today that in Rochdale bus station it says the 409 takes 50m to get to Ashton but in Ashton it says it only takes 37 minutes to get back, is this correct?

User(s) browsing this thread: 71 Guest(s)