Current time: 08/05/2024, 15:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Basically SP1 that isnt it so the bus may come off SPs either way for a return trip later on....

@Telf23 The Enviro200s for X2 dont have USB sockets that I know of. They are just simple Stagecoach.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/09/2016 20:20)telf23 Wrote:  I think my comments have been misconstrued somewhere along the line. I know they haven't introduced the route to compete with arriva. What I meant was that by intoducing a route to Chester, a route primarily operated by Arriva, then inevitably there will be competition and a way for Stagecoach to get more presence in the area.

Not everyone is a bus Enthusiast. They will see a cheaper ticket to the same destination, and use this bus.

And yes, the Ecocity's are a decent bus, but with the added USB ports on the mmc's, there's the appeal to the younger generation/students.

Understood, but my point was that Stagecoach are not necessarily going to win a great deal of Chester bound passengers from Arriva due to people already holding Arriva passes from already using buses from elsewhere in the borough, of course something Stagecoach can't compete with.
Enviro200 mmcs do have usb sockets
Enviro 400 19022 is now at chester

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
One wonders how the drivers today have been getting on with the new ticketing arrangements. First day where Arriva tickets are no longer valid on routes 1&2.

Hopefully the message will have got out there, but I expect there will be some customers who may kick off at being asked to pay again.
So I have just looked at the network map for Wirral and I can't work out what the 2 does around the Croft - the map (https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...ept16.pdf) suggests it goes in a circle, covering the A41 between Port Causeway and McDonalds twice - surely that can't be right?

I see that the 38 is also shown as doing this, but I'm not familiar with the route as I hold an Arriva pass
(04/09/2016 18:41)Enviro400 Wrote:  So I have just looked at the network map for Wirral and I can't work out what the 2 does around the Croft - the map (https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...ept16.pdf) suggests it goes in a circle, covering the A41 between Port Causeway and McDonalds twice - surely that can't be right?

I see that the 38 is also shown as doing this, but I'm not familiar with the route as I hold an Arriva pass

Apparently our 2 is going via new chester rd to chester but returning via croft retail park then 38 route to Birkenhead in other words only serves the Croft on way to Liverpool
Ahh that makes sense now, thanks
The Enviro200 MMCs are on the 2.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/09/2016 07:42)R557 ABA Wrote:  The Enviro200 MMCs are on the 2.

Yes, I had 37441 from Chester to Liverpool this morning. 25 late from Chester with lots of slow running when the driver was checking the route with his printouts! I think the chap may have been a new driver as he was handling the bus very carefully around corners, in which case it can't help being out on a new route as well!

There seemed to be at least 2 of the new 200's out on the route that I saw.

As regards the route, the same as the former route 2 to Bromborough, then as per 41/42 through Croft Retail Park & back to the A41 by Lever Brothers. After Shore Drive, it dives into Port Sunlight down Bolton Drive, right into Church Drive, onto Central Road, then a right onto Primrose Hill and onto Boundary Road. We then turned left & followed the 38 route into Birkenhead, past the end of Bedford Road which is shown as one of the timing points.

Whilst I can see the merits of the re-routing at the northern end, it's no longer much use as a through route, and I think I'll be using it as a connection into the faster X8 in the future.

For info - the X2 is also host to the Enviro 200 MMC's from today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)