Current time: 08/05/2024, 20:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
There may be a slight frequency increase as 18 vehicles are on order (current PVR is 16), but equally it could just be in order to have 2 spares and ensure all gold operation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Having 2 spare vehicles sounds quite generous & where routes have been made "gold" previously, I seem to recall little in the way of back up vehicles being purchased. I suppose the additional vehicles could be used to boost the frequency on route 1 to every 15 minutes (which could also alleviate the long layover they have presently at the Chester end).

I agree that route 1 does do too much & either swapping the routes around at the Chester end or even set up a bespoke local service to serve Upton & the zoo (thereby allowing the 1 to run more directly to Chester) are ideas I've thought of.
I do agree that Something does need to be done as I think the 1 only just manages with its current capacity now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Knock out Cheshire oaks then it will stay on time.

it is the absolute worst place to take a bus through as is the zoo.
That's were they there make their money and I agree Cheshire Oaks is a nightmare for buses trying to keep to time so I don't think that will happen.
With regards to spare Gold vehicles, if the PVR does indeed increase to 18, Stagecoach could keep one of the newer Solar's back and spec that into Gold interior and repaint incase it is needed to replace a failed/nfs vehicle? I doubt a spare would be needed very often and I'm not sure passengers would mind either an older 'Gold' vehicle or a normal Enviro 300 every now and again.
When the new Enviro300's come will all the rest of the ex first stock be going eg B7RLE and Solars or will they just replace the Renowns
Speaking of Renowns there is whispers that the Esteems may go to Rock Ferry in exchange for a further 2 Renowns as Scanias are none standard at Gilllmoss

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I'm told the Scania solars are for schools, there are currently only 21120/1/3 at Birkenhead. Not sure about the B7s.

Cheshire oaks, as chaotic as it can be at times, and the zoo, are not the problem with the 1. They're always late due to too tight running times, especially at night, I think in the evening it gets 7/8 mins to get from the wheatsheaf to Cheshire oaks, and its just not possible. Then only gets 5 minutes from ellesmere port to great sutton, 3 of which is spent getting through the lights at e port.. the Times need an overhaul, that's always been the problem with the 1. Unpredictable traffic and the never ending roadworks on route don't help

I am no longer active on this forum.
Stagecoach Gold single decks noted at ADL Falkirk yesterday, (Oct 1st) were SN65OCS/U/V/W which I think maybe 27255/7/8/9. Branded for Chester-Liverpool they looked ready for delivery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)