Current time: 08/05/2024, 12:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I caught up with SF08 ROH (FM34) yesterday on the 1, it was my first time on a MAN A22 so it was a pleasant change to the VDL SB200/Volvo B7RLE/Scania L94UB offering that Arriva and Stagecoach usually employ on the 1 and 2 services. It was very quiet (apart from the whooshing turbo sounds), comfortable and very much rattle free throughout the journey.

Edit: Also added a video to Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=601640153246841

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This morning just before 10am, I was spotted that Open Top Trident LX51FNE at A41 Little Sutton heading to Chester. LX51FNE new full red livery and shining now, also no fleet number just plain (ex-green and white livery)
Find all posts by this user
(05/03/2014 13:20)326VFM Wrote:  This morning just before 10am, I was spotted that Open Top Trident LX51FNE at A41 Little Sutton heading to Chester. LX51FNE new full red livery and shining now, also no fleet number just plain (ex-green and white livery)

I thought city sightseeing had pulled out of chester hence the green and white livery and debranded red livery. I was told by one of the drivers it was down to the vehicles not being sourced by city sightseeing (ensign) and subsequently city sightseeing pulled out.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
That's not the case at all - just look at City Sightseeing Cambridge, where Stagecoach also use their own vehicles.

The case in C&W (I believe) was that Stagecoach wanted to drop the franchise and run the service under their own "Open Top" brand, in order to maximise revenue. However, that would appear to have changed now, with the franchise continuing.
ACE Travel also own their CS franchise and are also responsible for sourcing their own buses as I understand.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(06/03/2014 16:41)mbonwick Wrote:  That's not the case at all - just look at City Sightseeing Cambridge, where Stagecoach also use their own vehicles.

Not forgetting about places such as Stratford-upon-Avon, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Today :- Dennis Trident Alexander 400 LX51FML (17491) from Chester depot got a run out on the X2 today, am i right in saying first time its been used on public service? i might be wrong.

Photograph Here :- http://flic.kr/p/kLsESV

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(06/03/2014 21:43)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Today :- Dennis Trident Alexander 400 LX51FML (17491) from Chester depot got a run out on the X2 today, am i right in saying first time its been used on public service? i might be wrong.

Photograph Here :- http://flic.kr/p/kLsESV

It's been on the 5 to Huntington a couple of times in the past.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/03/2014 21:47)R557 ABA Wrote:  It's been on the 5 to Huntington a couple of times in the past.

im such a tool, how can i forget that ive photographed it on the 5 *taps head to see if brain is working*

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)