Current time: 23/05/2024, 03:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Strike
RE: Arriva Strike
Isn't part of this to level out pay across the depots. I do wonder if that is as much of a sticking point as the pay issue. Just a thought!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Out in Southport today 2143/44 on Park and Ride's and 2586, 3087 & 4577 on 44's, maybe a scratch service as was very fragmented
The drivers have rejected the offer and the strike days are still on.
(23/11/2017 21:07)wirralbus Wrote:  The drivers have rejected the offer and the strike days are still on.

So, they must have already lost around 2% of this years' wages. Another 9 days of strikes will increase that to around 5 - 6%.

How many years will it take them to catch up with the lost money ?

Sorry, but it makes no sense to me.

Time to start wondering who - if anyone - will take over if Arriva decide to bale out of the Liverpool area (or drastically reduces its presence in the area) ?
(24/11/2017 20:13)Bevan Price Wrote:  So, they must have already lost around 2% of this years' wages. Another 9 days of strikes will increase that to around 5 - 6%.

Time to start wondering who - if anyone - will take over if Arriva decide to bale out of the Liverpool area (or drastically reduces its presence in the area) ?

Yep - I agree. It's all well & good standing on principle, but I suspect the drivers have lost out more through the strike action to date, than they'll ever gain in an increased pay offer.

Time to bang heads together & get this settled once & for all.
There is probably more things to it than what we know, so not sure it's fair to be questioning drivers and unions motives for strike without knowing the full story.
(24/11/2017 20:13)Bevan Price Wrote:  So, they must have already lost around 2% of this years' wages. Another 9 days of strikes will increase that to around 5 - 6%.

Stagecoach must be rubbing their hands over this I have a feeling that this is gonna end up with Stagecoach taking over most of the North West Depots
Stagecoach will certainly be paying their drivers payrises with getting all the custom on these days. Their buses are rammed on these days.
Nohing stopping stagecoach doing the same next april if what ive heard is correct as was told all gillmoss run depots are up for pay talks together as a unit.
(24/11/2017 21:48)darylyates17 Wrote:  Stagecoach must be rubbing their hands over this I have a feeling that this is gonna end up with Stagecoach taking over most of the North West Depots

I think that the "Monopolies & Competition" people would not be happy to let that happen. Remember that Arriva was not allowed to keep Gillmoss when MTL sold out. They might allow Stagecoach to buy one or two depots, but I think that a different owner might be needed for the others.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)