Current time: 02/06/2024, 05:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Crimbo 2015
Maybe something that should change if they ever move to a bus franchising regime , where night services could be stipulated in the franchise document. probably using the same number night and day.

If you are then able to use Prepaid tickets Merseytravel or whomever its called then will have to decide when the day changes from one to the other , on the railway this happens at 4am.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
For anybody who thinks that security is not needed for the night services - then explain why from November, all buses are being removed from Victoria Street of an evening - why - because of anti social behaviour at the bus stops and in the area, its not just drunk passengers you need to worry about, its the whole area and crowds and people causing problems to other people waiting innocently waiting to travel.
At least by having security of a night it will put off probably the majority of knobs trying to cause problems, but its not just the passengers to worry about here as proved.
(12/10/2015 09:44)mr t Wrote:  For anybody who thinks that security is not needed for the night services - then explain why from November, all buses are being removed from Victoria Street of an evening - why - because of anti social behaviour at the bus stops and in the area, its not just drunk passengers you need to worry about, its the whole area and crowds and people causing problems to other people waiting innocently waiting to travel.
At least by having security of a night it will put off probably the majority of knobs trying to cause problems, but its not just the passengers to worry about here as proved.

Some rather large reroutings via Chapel street and Tithebarn Street , this is one hell of a distance from the main areas that people want . I can see liverpool being a pain to get out of for some areas in November.
Some details of night service on Merseytravel website:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...-2015.aspx

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Looking at that it seems the N86 will only go 1 way this year but the N1 to Chester will run in both directions!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
I don't like the fact Bebington and Bromborough have the choice of two options whereas the rest of the Wirral get nothing! They could have at least done a West Kirby and a new Brighton night train instead of having a Hooton service which is covered by the N1 anyway or atleast brought back the N23 or the N37 instead of the N1

Follow me on flickr
the N1 is a trial to see if a full time night service will work

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(08/11/2015 16:54)busdude Wrote:  I don't like the fact Bebington and Bromborough have the choice of two options whereas the rest of the Wirral get nothing! They could have at least done a West Kirby and a new Brighton night train instead of having a Hooton service which is covered by the N1 anyway or atleast brought back the N23 or the N37 instead of the N1

I totally agree. The same situation applies regarding the services to Waterloo where you have both a bus and train night service but there is nothing else in north Liverpool/south Sefton.I do wonder how these night bus and train services were planned and decided upon and by whom. There seems to be absolutely no joined-up thinking or rationale to them and it seems as if they were planned with the clear intention that they would incur financial losses.

I know that Merseyrail is the most extensive local rail network outside of London, but it serves only a very small percentage of the Merseyside population in comparison to the bus network. If there is sufficient funding to operate these late-night trains surely it would have been better to operate night buses on all of the major corridors. I am sure these would carry more passengers than the trains and the financial support would be a lot less per passenger mile.
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
The N1 is actually try to attract 2 markets here . The passengers from Liverpool and also the passengers from Chester.

Don't forget Merseyrail's night service only runs up to the county boundary station of Hooton.

Stagecoach probably thinks there is an untapped resource there .
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
(18/11/2015 15:07)wirralbus Wrote:  The N1 is actually try to attract 2 markets here . The passengers from Liverpool and also the passengers from Chester.

Don't forget Merseyrail's night service only runs up to the county boundary station of Hooton.

Stagecoach probably thinks there is an untapped resource there .

In the lead-up to Christmas there is a huge potential market for night buses across Merseyside. Yes, I know that night buses have been tried before and, for a whole host of reasons, have been withdrawn because they were making losses but with a more proactive marketing of such services I believe that they could be viable, certainly at this time of the year.

Stagecoach - and Arriva for that matter - are main players in bus operation in this country and should be prepared to speculate to accumulate in order to grow their businesses. Since Stagecoach took over the failing Wirral operations of First, there has been a huge investment in new vehicles and some innovative service revisions which are now paying dividends. Who would have predicted a fleet of state-of-the-art and Gold services on the 1 a few years ago?

Next year, Stagecoach should grasp the nettle and go all out to reclaim the thousands of passengers lost to black hackneys and private hire firms.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)