Current time: 27/09/2024, 19:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
It was the 470 not 447 , but strangely the bus continued to Arrowe Park Hospital and didnt enter the Woodchurch Estate .

You knew they was spoilers because the routes never carried more than a handful of passengers every time i saw them.
Find all posts by this user
"New" Dart Y671 NLO was on the 210/250 yesterday - it was better than nothing, anyway!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...hotostream

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/01/2013 19:16)wirralbus Wrote:  It was the 470 not 447 , but strangely the bus continued to Arrowe Park Hospital and didnt enter the Woodchurch Estate .

You knew they was spoilers because the routes never carried more than a handful of passengers every time i saw them.

Thats the one, the idea was to cover the main corridor of the 41/42/71/72 with that and 441 for the new chester road 1/41/42 corridor - it didnt work so in the end both just came to an agreement and left it at that!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(09/01/2013 19:02)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(08/01/2013 19:16)wirralbus Wrote:  It was the 470 not 447 , but strangely the bus continued to Arrowe Park Hospital and didnt enter the Woodchurch Estate .

Thats the one, the idea was to cover the main corridor of the 41/42/71/72 with that and 441 for the new chester road 1/41/42 corridor - it didnt work so in the end both just came to an agreement and left it at that!

I dont see any change to any route on the Wirral in the near future and the routes that both major operators will not really be effected by the 47 as the route is very clever in pinching a bit of a few routes but not one in particular. Well done Mr Steens .
Yeh quite clever.. guaranteed to get some passengers, yet doesnt directly rival a large proportion of any 1 route so hopefully it might work!

Timetable for route 47 now on Merseytravel website.
(09/01/2013 20:11)moreton407 Wrote:  Timetable for route 47 now on Merseytravel website.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf

Follow me on flickr
(09/01/2013 20:47)busdude Wrote:  
(09/01/2013 20:11)moreton407 Wrote:  Timetable for route 47 now on Merseytravel website.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf

sneaky Impera, its very closely timetabled with the 418 and 495. For example, the 47 towards Birkenhead gets to Beechwood Post office at 04 & 34 while the 495 gets there at 06 & 36. And towards Upton way the 47 gets to Beechwood Post office at 08 & 38, while the 418/419 gets there at 07 & 37

Follow me on flickr
It does make sense to run at similar times, there is potential to steal their passengers and hopefully make a profit. Interesting route, should produce a nice steady little income if all goes to plan.

(10/01/2013 18:11)R874 ERE Wrote:  It does make sense to run at similar times, there is potential to steal their passengers and hopefully make a profit. Interesting route, should produce a nice steady little income if all goes to plan.

I agree, personally they'd be better timing the service in the middle of the other two services that run through Beechwood to provide a service that is benifial to the user, and yes I know that isn't always logical, but stepping on other operators toes can have it's consequences too, I really woudn't be surprised if this sparked off some interesting alterations to other bus services on the Wirral in the near future.

Remember though, sometimes competition is good, and having the Monopoly isn't always good for everyone.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)