Current time: 03/07/2024, 11:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QBP Liverpool and Wirral
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral
I see on VOSA thread First are altering there 1 and 2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've travelled on the 471/2 quite a bit recently, noticed that quite often 2 buses are quite close to each other, with the arriva service very often running late, for some reason it always seems busier too. Really do think the pensby rd corridor warrants more than a 20 min service.

The driver of the 471 this afternoon, operated by a very slow 4000, forgot to serve the hospital and turned left at the end of woodchurch rd
URGENT!

If I buy an Arriva NW day ticket, am I allowed to board/alight at Cheshire Oaks on the First 1, despite Arriva not serving there?
Yes you can as bothe the 1 and 2 accept each other tickets
(13/09/2012 11:35)First Class Wrote:  URGENT!

If I buy an Arriva NW day ticket, am I allowed to board/alight at Cheshire Oaks on the First 1, despite Arriva not serving there?

That was going to be my question, so I'm glad you can!

Also, now seeing the full extend of the QBP on the 86 has destroyed the route. I have an arriva student pass, which means i can't get on stagecoach.
This QBP has seen a reduction in arriva busses, and also a more infrequent running of them. They used to end up in pairs, and still do, but now every 15 mins!

Bus enthusiast.
Most traveled route - 86/A/C
Favourite route - 120 Paignton-Kingswear
Favourite 'older' bus type - Marshall darts
Favourite new bus type - Optare Solo SR
Merseytravel seem to like them , they seem to like the fact that they have some form of control .

Arriva , Stagecoach and to a lesser extent First used it remove some and i say some of the oldest members of there fleets .

There has been problems with non compatabile vehicles being used , but the furore seems to have died down about the 86 in particular .

The next thing for the QBP routes is to set certain dates in the schedule where if they are going to alter the routes it has to be done then , in West Yorkshire they have seen dates for alterations that the operators stick to and that is without a QBP in sight yet , so it could be done .
(18/10/2012 05:56)wirralbus Wrote:  Merseytravel seem to like them , they seem to like the fact that they have some form of control .

Arriva , Stagecoach and to a lesser extent First used it remove some and i say some of the oldest members of there fleets .

There has been problems with non compatabile vehicles being used , but the furore seems to have died down about the 86 in particular .

The next thing for the QBP routes is to set certain dates in the schedule where if they are going to alter the routes it has to be done then , in West Yorkshire they have seen dates for alterations that the operators stick to and that is without a QBP in sight yet , so it could be done .

The Wirral QBPs are in far more of a mess than anything in Liverpool, and I don't think there is much that can be done to fix it without starting again.

A QBP should be balanced. Operators equally sharing services. Operators using similar vehicles. Operators sharing routes.

No Arriva service on the 2 in the evenings or during a Sunday/Bank Hol - at all.
No Arriva service on the 1 - at all.

Whilst that may not usually be a problem, the net result is you have a failing operator, (First Group), who couldn't care less about their Wirral operations, running an important and arterial route with poor, low capacity, elderly vehicles, way past their best - with absolutely no choice but to use them if going to Cheshire Oaks, or on an evening/Sunday.

The QBP also caused the demise of the useful X11 express return working.

I don't use the 471/472 routes, but at least they are getting operated by newish double deck vehicles.
West Yorkshire are still going for Quality Contracts where the authorities have full control over the routes - wonder if that would have worked here?
A quick google searched has revealed somebody seems a bit more curious than ourselves:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/12...ing-317250

Journalist, perhaps?
(18/10/2012 07:21)St Helens Rider Wrote:  West Yorkshire are still going for Quality Contracts where the authorities have full control over the routes - wonder if that would have worked here?

It seems that the major groupings seem to have frightened some of the I/PTA's into QBP's saying that they will pull out of there area otherwise .

Knowing Brian Souter he would do as well , dont forget he decided to sell his operations in London as he saw no opportunity there at the time , I would expect him to follow through with his threat if he did decide to say enough is enough with an I/PTA area.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)