Current time: 15/06/2024, 18:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Strike
RE: Arriva Strike
Lets see where this strike goes from here with all those dates announced
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/11/2017 11:04)SSS871 Wrote:  Further dates have been announced for December: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/live...r-13899487

so another meeting at stalag luft green lane and further strikes, this won`t end well, the owners of Arriva won`t budge any further and i bet they are now looking to offload the Liverpool depots
I cant see them selling any depots due to the profit made and the fact Liverpool is a huge stronghold for Arriva.

As a side note i wonder how many people on this forum know what Stalag Luft is without using google Wink

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(14/11/2017 14:58)T42 PVM Wrote:  I cant see them selling any depots due to the profit made and the fact Liverpool is a huge stronghold for Arriva.

As a side note i wonder how many people on this forum know what Stalag Luft is without using google Wink

it may be a stronghold, but useless if the buses are not running,they would sell up rather than give in to trade union pressure,Stagecoach must be rubbing there hands,even just on the strike days i bet every spare bus possible is heading to Gillmoss
(14/11/2017 14:58)T42 PVM Wrote:  I cant see them selling any depots due to the profit made and the fact Liverpool is a huge stronghold for Arriva.

There are other ways of cutting costs, that need not affect the Liverpool area depots. It could easily involve others, that are less profitable and somewhat more attractive to speculative buyers.

The two liverpool depots maybe , but what about the Birkenhead , Southport , St Helens and Runcorn
(14/11/2017 15:06)wirralbus Wrote:  The two liverpool depots maybe , but what about the Birkenhead , Southport , St Helens and Runcorn

Based on vehicle investment Birkenhead is likely to be the most profitable of those,Southport only has 3 routes that make money 47 49 and 375, St Helens has a mixture the 10s and Wigans would come on top there,X1,79C,82A and 110 mainly at Runcorn,already been a move to transfer the X30 to wales which is meant to be reversed
No buses running on the run up to Christmas will hurt Arriva's finances hard. If the blurb on the Arriva NW website is to be believed, there isn't much of a gap between what is being offered in terms of a % increase. I suspect though, that said website may be omitting to mention any accompanying whistles, bells & strings attached!

I'm surprised both parties have let it get to this stage, as it's becoming something of a public spat, which does neither the company, or the public any favours.

I'm all in favour of drivers getting a reasonable pay increase, but if this goes on for much longer, the drivers will end up losing more through strike action than they will ever get back through a revised pay offer.
(14/11/2017 15:06)wirralbus Wrote:  The two liverpool depots maybe , but what about the Birkenhead , Southport , St Helens and Runcorn

(14/11/2017 15:12)FC Pictures Wrote:  Based on vehicle investment Birkenhead is likely to be the most profitable of those,Southport only has 3 routes that make money 47 49 and 375, St Helens has a mixture the 10s and Wigans would come on top there,X1,79C,82A and 110 mainly at Runcorn,already been a move to transfer the X30 to wales which is meant to be reversed
Birkenhead will stay where it is I think. St Helens wont move because of how big it is and that is where all major works are. Any heavy maintenance seems to be done in St Helens. Also repaints and refurbishments etc. They would loose too much in St Helens. Unsure how much space Bootle has left but all services except 46 could move there (375/385 could just as easily move to St Helens or be split between Bootle and St Helens). 46 would be a tough one though due to how long it would take to get a bus there.
I think Runcorn routes could all move easily to other depots. The X30 can be done from Chester, there was just a lack of vehicles and resources but if Runcorn shut, drivers would move with the routes. 79C from Green Lane, Rest from St Helens or Speke. If those depots can't take Runcorn routes for whatever reason. I genuinely think Runcorn has a higher chance of closure than the other depots because of its location and how there are 2 other depots within 20 minutes of it and it is the smallest depot that Arriva have.
(14/11/2017 16:42)Turbostar19 Wrote:  No buses running on the run up to Christmas will hurt Arriva's finances hard. If the blurb on the Arriva NW website is to be believed, there isn't much of a gap between what is being offered in terms of a % increase. I suspect though, that said website may be omitting to mention any accompanying whistles, bells & strings attached!

I'm surprised both parties have let it get to this stage, as it's becoming something of a public spat, which does neither the company, or the public any favours.

I'm all in favour of drivers getting a reasonable pay increase, but if this goes on for much longer, the drivers will end up losing more through strike action than they will ever get back through a revised pay offer.

Oh and the poor people trying to do there Christmas shopping will instead of getting on public transport will end up getting in there cars and gridlocking shopping centres . I do hope they get what there after people before the general public lose patience .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)