Current time: 29/06/2024, 07:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
RE: Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
(13/03/2017 18:51)T42 PVM Wrote:  Since when was Bootle getting new Buses?

That was my question also. Having said that, Bootle desperately needs more deckers as the 15 plates they received invariably are to be found on the 60,61,63 rather than the 52 for which they were initially bought.

As the fleet numbers continue on from the last Enviro400's am I to assume that they will be MMC's?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/03/2017 20:22)Barney Wrote:  That was my question also. Having said that, Bootle desperately needs more deckers as the 15 plates they received invariably are to be found on the 60,61,63 rather than the 52 for which they were initially bought.

As the fleet numbers continue on from the last Enviro400's am I to assume that they will be MMC's?

The arrival of 4116 could mean the extra deckers for Bootle are cascades from Speke rather than new ones. I'm sure somebody will be able to confirm if this is the case or not soon though

If any new deckers are ordered for the North West though (either this year or in the future) they will be Enviro400s (or hybrids)
Bootle dont need new Deckers, they just need to get a grip on their allocating

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/03/2017 20:42)T42 PVM Wrote:  Bootle dont need new Deckers, they just need to get a grip on their allocating

Weekends and school holidays are fine but during term time the 60, 61 and 63 definitely need deckers.
Indeed, Bootle's current allocating is flat-out poor. Even today, with the strikes on, the usual multiple single deckers were out on the 52/52A. They insist on wasting deckers on 61 boards which don't fill up throughout the day while the overcrowding the 52 suffered from prior to the Enviro400s being ordered has needlessly returned. The 61 needs a handful of deckers on its busiest workings and that's it. The 55 and even 53 have a need for extra capacity as well as the 52, so it's frustrating to see them carrying air on the 61.

Arriva North West as a whole allocates buses poorly, but Bootle is easily the worst offender at present. I'm sure the additional 5 decker figure refers to B7s from Speke rather than new ones which is probably for the best because they'd probably be wasted anyway.
(13/03/2017 21:00)507009 Wrote:  Indeed, Bootle's current allocating is flat-out poor. Even today, with the strikes on, the usual multiple single deckers were out on the 52/52A. They insist on wasting deckers on 61 boards which don't fill up throughout the day while the overcrowding the 52 suffered from prior to the Enviro400s being ordered has needlessly returned. The 61 needs a handful of deckers on its busiest workings and that's it. The 55 and even 53 have a need for extra capacity as well as the 52, so it's frustrating to see them carrying air on the 61.

Arriva North West as a whole allocates buses poorly, but Bootle is easily the worst offender at present. I'm sure the additional 5 decker figure refers to B7s from Speke rather than new ones which is probably for the best because they'd probably be wasted anyway.

Cant agree more, Also means 4101 is no longer the only one of its type allocated to Bootle

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(13/03/2017 20:58)Barney Wrote:  Weekends and school holidays are fine but during term time the 60, 61 and 63 definitely need deckers.

Bootle currently has 41 double deckers - taking out the three due to leave the division and factoring in another five or so from Speke - then that leaves Bootle with 43 double deckers for its four double deck operated routes. The 52/52A received a batch of sixteen (later fourteen but still enough due to a PVR reduction) Enviro400s whilst the 60 received a dozen 09-reg Enviro400s. The remaining 17 double deckers (or a few more including spares from the 52/52A and 60) should be more than enough to cover the 61 and 63 in my opinion

Just out of interest does anyone know the PVRs for Bootle's routes?
Does Winsford still have 908 and/or 894 in service? I would have expected these to be earmarked for imminent withdrawal given their age. (OK, 894 isn't actually as X-registered as it looks, but it's still 15 years old this month.)

On a separate note, I wonder why the fleet numbering for new double deckers is suddenly all over the place? First, the seemingly illogical omission of numbers 4693-4799 prior to the allocation of 4800-4850, which are basically just a restyled and updated version of 4492-4535; now it seems a completely new series (10xx) is being started for the new ADLs.

Hybrids and conventional diesel-epicyclics, premium and regular specification vehicles, different manufacturers, have all previously been numbered sequentially in one standard series, so I don't see what's fundamentally new about these vehicles enough to start a new series.
(14/03/2017 19:11)Quackdave Wrote:  Does Winsford still have 908 and/or 894 in service? I would have expected these to be earmarked for imminent withdrawal given their age. (OK, 894 isn't actually as X-registered as it looks, but it's still 15 years old this month.)

On a separate note, I wonder why the fleet numbering for new double deckers is suddenly all over the place? First, the seemingly illogical omission of numbers 4693-4799 prior to the allocation of 4800-4850, which are basically just a restyled and updated version of 4492-4535; now it seems a completely new series (10xx) is being started for the new ADLs.

Hybrids and conventional diesel-epicyclics, premium and regular specification vehicles, different manufacturers, have all previously been numbered sequentially in one standard series, so I don't see what's fundamentally new about these vehicles enough to start a new series.

The 4693-4799 block is reserved for any future diesel powered double deckers which seem quite likely. As for the 1000-12 series it is a bit confusing - surely 4000-12 would have been more suitable?
Confirmed on the Arriva North West (Enthusiast page) that Bootle are getting new Deckers in June! crazy really

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)