Current time: 26/04/2024, 04:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
As we all know when the Gemini 3s are finished on Rail Replacements these will enter service at Green Lane and Speke Depots and this is due to kick off a big fleet transfer, I have added movements i have been told about, Does anyone know any more?

17 Pulsars Green Lane - St Helens
13 Renowns St Helens - Withdrawn
8 Gemini 2s Speke - St Helens
8 Myllenniums Birkenhead - Withdrawn
8 Commanders Speke - Birkenhead??
6 Myllenniums Green Lane - Withdrawn
3 Renowns Southport - Withdrawn
3 Pulsars Green Lane - Southport
1 Enviro 400 from Green Lane (4412)
11 Cadets St Helens to Wrexham & Rhyl

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
On top of the original 8 (2489-2496), how many Cadets do St Helens now have? Given there's 4 more Pulsars coming in than Renowns being withdrawn and 8 Gemini 2s on the way in, that suggests up to 11 vehicles to be transferred out. So I suspect that if there's now 11+ Cadets, they'll be on their way to Wales.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
I think St Helens has 2498, 2500 and 2501

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Also there's pulsars starting to transfer from wythenshawe to macclesfield to work the 130s.

Shorts to start with then full route soon when there's a few more drivers.
I assume that as Speke is getting 25 new deckers it will be losing an equivalent number of buses?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I heard on the Bangor thread that they may be getting 3 extra Pulsars, possibly from Green Lane.

Rhyl also have about 7 Darts that are likely to be replaced, some of the St Helens Cadets could end up here however I read a while ago that Rhyl was due new Enviro200 MMCs so not sure.
What route/s are Speke's Gemini 2s coming to St Helens for? I'm guessing 89s as its been mentioned before about converting them to double deck operating due to some duties being busy on the route and Pulsars struggling to cope especially at Peak times.
That would be correct.

I'm disappointed that the rumours of the Solo's leaving St Helens doesn't appear to be happening now. Would be sad to see the Cadets go as 2489 - 2496 have been here since new when the 89 was given Kick Start funding in 2004 and these were also the first vehicles in St Helens to have Wifi fitted when the 329 was extended to Daresbury and a Sunday service was introduced.
I read somewhere recently that all of the ex-London deckers will be moving on soon. This means that Bootle will be seriously down on its PVR for deckers. As it is at the moment, it is very common to see Pulsars rather than Enviro400's on the 52/52A and I'm hoping that a number of deckers are transferred in to Bootle in the near future or, better still, new MMC's from the forthcoming 2017/18 order.
(30/01/2017 10:04)Barney Wrote:  I read somewhere recently that all of the ex-London deckers will be moving on soon. This means that Bootle will be seriously down on its PVR for deckers. As it is at the moment, it is very common to see Pulsars rather than Enviro400's on the 52/52A and I'm hoping that a number of deckers are transferred in to Bootle in the near future or, better still, new MMC's from the forthcoming 2017/18 order.
Apparently we're due 5 new deckers for the 55 soon.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)