Current time: 09/05/2024, 19:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Queen Square Bus Station
RE: Queen Square Bus Station
(13/02/2015 13:36)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  One of my "Controversially mad" idea's...

I've always thought that the 82 service would be better operating along Duke Street instead of Hanover, this would reduce some congestion allowing for South Liverpool Services (6/7/14/61/78/79/79C) to operate up and down Hanover Street to Liverpool One (139 calling at Great Charlotte St), freeing up Stands 1-2 which could then be used to disperse existing services across the stands, such as the 17 not calling at the 12/13 stop.

Of course this would then reduce the amount of buses serving both directions of the Bus Station, and the Open-top services should use the least used stand... 12.

Pretty much what i said in Post 10

79s already come in via Hanover St anyway,82s could stay as they are,i doubt if some inward bound used Duke St it would be detrimental,i`m sure it would help time keeping ,but Hanover St would need to be properly inforced as Buses and Taxis only to make it work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The traffic light sequencing in Hanover street slows the traffic down if when it was just buses and taxi's
A few points of issue.
The 82 in my estimation picks up about 50% of is passengers on Lime Street. It is a long way for them to walk to LIverpool ONE.
The 6, 7, 14, and 79C all start at Queen Square so could not run via Hanover Street. The 79/79D pick up scores of passengers at both Lord Street and Queen Square so why should they suffer.
Why not do move the buses from Stands 7 and 8 and stop other vehicles from going up.
Problem solved.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I don't think any routes could realistically move from Queen Square as that's where the majority of services that serve it pick up their passengers. I agree with the suggestion that an extra lane on the uphill side of the station would be the best solution - especially after the traffic lights by Burger King

I think a good solution to remodel Queen Square would be a layout similar to Piccadilly bus station. It covers a small area but it works really well in my opinion
Think inbound the amount of buses trying to use the alighting stops is another problem , wouldn't swopping the bus stops with the alighting area be a bit better.
(13/02/2015 19:23)wirralbus Wrote:  Think inbound the amount of buses trying to use the alighting stops is another problem , wouldn't swopping the bus stops with the alighting area be a bit better.

Using the current alighting layby as an area to board outbound buses wouldn't really make things any better - buses would still be backing up onto Lime Street as they do at the moment when they're entering the station for passengers to alight buses
One idea maybe that services which terminate there (for example daytime 10s) could use the same alighting stop on Whitechapel as the Cross River as it's final stop into Liverpool. This would mean a faster turnaround as the service would have reached this point via St Johns Lane inbound and also wouldn't be dropping passengers to far away from the shops.
Good idea St Helens Rider services .

One of the biggest problems seems to be utilising the stops on Queen Square (downhill side).

The lights at Lime St / St Johns Lane / Queen Square just don't seem to be able to clear traffic and when something big is on at the Empire it just one big gridlock .
I think St Johns Lane could be used for some of the quieter outbound services

The inbound services could unload in Queen Square as normal then use Victoria Street as a layover - then the outbound services could loop back around to St Johns Lane. There are already bus stops there which in my opinion could be better used during the day
Would depend on where in Victoria Street as layover as there is a lot of vehicles fighting for the same space for loading and unloading not just buses , some businesses would be adversely affected by having a bus sitting in front of them and nobody being able to see there business through a bus .

Who thought that Liverpool One was ever built in the right location on the far side of the shops instead of at the near side of the shops nearest most of Liverpool City Centre.

Liverpool One Bus Station in a way has caused Queen Square and all the surrounding roads to become clogged up as they are now just looping round the city back to Queen Square and really not wanting to go anywhere near Liverpool One Bus Station.

Cant wait to see the gridlock when this work starts its going to be something to witness something that we aint seen since the remember it The Big Dig prior to 2008

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)