Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Euro 6 Registrations
Euro 6 Registrations
Am I right in thinking that with effect from 01/01/2015, all new buses first registered must be constructed to EURO 6 standards?

(I am aware that vehicle orders placed in 2014 have been a mix of Euro 5 & Euro 6, with some sort of dispensation/quota for Euro 5 vehicles).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Euro 6 Registrations
(29/12/2014 20:50)Southernsofty Wrote:  Am I right in thinking that with effect from 01/01/2015, all new buses first registered must be constructed to EURO 6 standards?

(I am aware that vehicle orders placed in 2014 have been a mix of Euro 5 & Euro 6, with some sort of dispensation/quota for Euro 5 vehicles).

I don't think so - after all, all the Arriva orders for Enviro400s presently known are for the Euro5 model plus Stagecoach still have Euro5 Enviro200s and Enviro300s in the process of delivery and construction.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
RE: Euro 6 Registrations
I think it's because the United Kingdom has it's own vehicle type approval scheme (NSSTA) so this could well be why manufacturers based in the United Kingdom still have Euro V and Euro IV vehicles in their current ranges whereas European based manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz, Scania and Volvo et cetera only have Euro VI vehicles in production as they use the European vehicle type approval scheme (ECWVTA)

Hopefully this can explain it better: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/vehicletype/buses-coaches.asp
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)