Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Euro 6 Registrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I right in thinking that with effect from 01/01/2015, all new buses first registered must be constructed to EURO 6 standards?

(I am aware that vehicle orders placed in 2014 have been a mix of Euro 5 & Euro 6, with some sort of dispensation/quota for Euro 5 vehicles).
(29/12/2014 20:50)Southernsofty Wrote: [ -> ]Am I right in thinking that with effect from 01/01/2015, all new buses first registered must be constructed to EURO 6 standards?

(I am aware that vehicle orders placed in 2014 have been a mix of Euro 5 & Euro 6, with some sort of dispensation/quota for Euro 5 vehicles).

I don't think so - after all, all the Arriva orders for Enviro400s presently known are for the Euro5 model plus Stagecoach still have Euro5 Enviro200s and Enviro300s in the process of delivery and construction.
I think it's because the United Kingdom has it's own vehicle type approval scheme (NSSTA) so this could well be why manufacturers based in the United Kingdom still have Euro V and Euro IV vehicles in their current ranges whereas European based manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz, Scania and Volvo et cetera only have Euro VI vehicles in production as they use the European vehicle type approval scheme (ECWVTA)

Hopefully this can explain it better: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/vehicletype/buses-coaches.asp
Reference URL's