Current time: 28/04/2024, 15:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
Must be a conspiracy then

The PIS screens did state under the destination "Upgrade to First Class for £10pp". I however do think this was only on journeys to Holyhead as those from Holyhead were full on arrival at Chester.

First class hosts were also working aboard, so it wasnt de-classified.

Journey planner had icons showing First class available, reservations possible and oddly BH.

Im sure someone will have a ticket to scan up.
Find all posts by this user
It was showing "Upgrade to First Class for £10pp" on those in the travel centre and at the bottom of the stairs near the barriers. I only noticed it on the journeys to HHD not the returns.

First class hosts were also working, and journey planner had icons for 1st, reservations and oddly BH.
If a ticket was issued though there would be a revenue trail back to the machine it was issued on , most important for the companies auditors these days .
(04/01/2013 21:54)wirralbus Wrote:  If a ticket was issued though there would be a revenue trail back to the machine it was issued on , most important for the companies auditors these days .

You can't check on every shift for each of the 450 conductors!

ATW shift sheets for all departments are reconciled in Cardiff... I think they use a certain criteria to monitor certain employees, (e.g. consistent losses, high manual fares, cards being swiped etc).

Think Merseyrail has 3 people within Passenger Accounts covering only the booking offices and small number of TVMs. ATW has (afaik) only 5 people dealing with all booking offices, Avantix revenue, revenue protection and TVMs!
(04/01/2013 19:31)First Class Wrote:  
(04/01/2013 00:22)WAG67 Wrote:  £10 supplement was valid through journey planner (RJIS) for these relief trains, and was advertised on the departure boards certainly at Chester.

Not a bad use of the stock during idle time.

Wasn't advertised on the CIS at Chester, I can assure you of that. It didn't even state "First Class accommodation" available. In actual fact, the only message(s) the CIS had in relation to the extra trains was "Reported full and standing".

The ATW supplement even has a restriction code (PC), which explicitly states NOT VALID AT WEEKENDS.

Fujitsu JourneyPlanner, or STAR/Avantix Mobile for that matter, does not show any supplement for that amount either.

As I have not been sent an ATOC PIF, (Product Implementation Form) for the product you describe, I would be interested to know how the fare was created, because it isn't one that ATW HQ has approved as far as I can ascertain.

If someone could kindly upload a scan/photo of the ticket I would be most interested to see how it looks.

I have a feeling that a conductor may have been a little inventive.

Just who are you, and what is your position within ATW? I am sure that others as well as myself who post on here would be interested.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(04/01/2013 22:20)childwallblues Wrote:  Just who are you, and what is your position within ATW? I am sure that others as well as myself who post on here would be interested.

I am not employed by ATW, so I have no position with them.

Nevertheless, I hope it is evident that I am employed within the transport sector. I am not specifically involved with a particular transport mode, although rail, as it is a significant transport mode in Great Britain, inevitably ends up in my inbox more than most other forms.

Don't think anyone is really that interested to be honest!
(04/01/2013 22:31)First Class Wrote:  
(04/01/2013 22:20)childwallblues Wrote:  Just who are you, and what is your position within ATW? I am sure that others as well as myself who post on here would be interested.

Nevertheless, I hope it is evident that I am employed within the transport sector. I am not specifically involved with a particular transport mode, although rail, as it is a significant transport mode in Great Britain, inevitably ends up in my inbox more than most other forms.

Don't dumb yourself down. You presumably have come with this first class identity to try to not be recognised.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Why are you so infatuated with my identify ?

I like to think I provide the forum with interesting information, some of which is probably quite technical.
Just a note that published names have been removed to protect individual's privacy where it may be of their concern. Any queries, feel free to send me a pm, thanks.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(04/01/2013 22:48)childwallblues Wrote:  
(04/01/2013 22:31)First Class Wrote:  

Don't dumb yourself down. You presumably have come with this first class identity to try to not be recognised.

I'm not being funny but what right do you have to mock someone else's username and for that matter, he is providing knowledge to us users of the forum, he does not have to.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)