Current time: 09/05/2024, 22:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
I had an odd experience on Thursday 3 May. I was on the 18.15 from Cwmbran to Manchester to go home to Stockport. Anyway, at Crewe they decided to divert the train to Chester as the 20.23, and put on a replacement train to Manchester. It meant changing at Crewe at being about 8 minutes late for that final stretch. It incidentally meant that what I anticipated being 1 ride connecting Newport with Stockport turned into 3 rides!
Find all posts by this user
(12/05/2018 10:38)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I had an odd experience on Thursday 3 May. I was on the 18.15 from Cwmbran to Manchester to go home to Stockport. Anyway, at Crewe they decided to divert the train to Chester as the 20.23, and put on a replacement train to Manchester. It meant changing at Crewe at being about 8 minutes late for that final stretch. It incidentally meant that what I anticipated being 1 ride connecting Newport with Stockport turned into 3 rides!

Nothing unusual about that. It happens quite a bit especially at Cardiff. The unit that you were on was probably required at Chester for maintenance.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Winner of the next franchise is set to be announced tomorrow.
(22/05/2018 17:08)knutstransport Wrote:  Winner of the next franchise is set to be announced tomorrow.

One thing is for certain its not the incumbent franchise holder.

The next thing is what new trains have been offered if any by the new franchise holder.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-44221184
No service Llandudno Junction to Blaenau Ffestiniog due to the available units for the line having failed , They are currently trying to source a rail replacement bus service .
Is any other units other than 150 and 153 cleared for the Blaenau Ffestiniog.

This isnt the first time that no unit has been available for this line , probably the only other class 150 locally would be the second unit on the Bidston - Wrexham service.
An extra service due to run tonight, 2300 Wrexham to Bidston
(25/05/2018 18:45)wirralbus Wrote:  Is any other units other than 150 and 153 cleared for the Blaenau Ffestiniog.

This isnt the first time that no unit has been available for this line , probably the only other class 150 locally would be the second unit on the Bidston - Wrexham service.

No. Network Rail say 158s can't be used and ATW haven't tried to get 175s cleared. Same applies for Borderlands.
(02/06/2018 15:13)knutstransport Wrote:  No. Network Rail say 158s can't be used and ATW haven't tried to get 175s cleared. Same applies for Borderlands.

150 only to Blaenau. The LJ/HD traincrews don't sign 153s anymore
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)