Current time: 04/05/2024, 05:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(10/06/2016 12:01)CX06 EBK Wrote:  All I am going to say on the matter is if the bus uses bus stations that have rules in place about age of buses then it doesn't matter weather that service is commercial or not. By the same token (having worked on the desk at HTL, I can tell you V980XUB has never raised ANY concerns with Merseytravel over age ever) V980XUBs destinations work, it is low floor (with ramp) and is one of the most solid performers in that fleet so I can't see how it matters, forget the commercial aspect vs Merseytravel aspect (again, they have no issues being forwarded to HTL).

Having driven V980XUB around St Helens a lot ont he 196/147 I can tell you that those who matter, passengers, are more grateful for the bus showing up than worrying about an arbitrary letter on a reg plate. I'm sure the same goes for anyone who manages to come across a Renown on a St Helens late, which happens a fair bit.
Don't want you to feel like I'm having a go or ewt but its like HTL signing a contract to lease 30 brand new solos and stating in the contract they have to be new and after signing that contract they turn up and deliver 30 second hand 15 year old solos for the same price so would HTL accept paying the same price for something older or would they make a fuss over it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - motormayhem1 - 10/06/2016 12:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 47 Guest(s)