Current time: 02/05/2024, 06:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ScotRail
RE: ScotRail
156458 has been involved in a mudslide which has closed the line between Glenfinnan and Arisaig . The area where the mudslide did have a lot of snow until recently which had then melted making the underlying ground conditions quite unstable
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The first power cars to receive the new Scotrail HST livery are 43033 and 43148.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I recently heard that the Class 385 drivers windscreens have been a cause for concern at night , where because the windscreen is curved they are actually seeing double so to speak in certain conditions.
(15/02/2018 14:58)wirralbus Wrote:  I recently heard that the Class 385 drivers windscreens have been a cause for concern at night , where because the windscreen is curved they are actually seeing double so to speak in certain conditions.

I wonder whether this has contributed to the delay in their entering service?
Some of the class 365 will go to ScotRail.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/...-1-4728667
(29/04/2018 12:55)boby32 Wrote:  Some of the class 365 will go to ScotRail.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/...-1-4728667

Not confirmed yet. Scotrail have received one unit for evaluation purposes ahead of deciding whether or not to take on some. When Merseyrail received some former Southeastern 508s for evaluation purposes they decided to reject them.
I think that was 508302/303 which made it as far as warrington. Now in too many pieces to be reassembled although they could have been used as a source of class 507/508 spares.

It was also possible at the time that just the middle coaches and spares from the motor coaches could have been used here in merseyside.

The coaches could have been placed in a few 508 sets and possibly been used to create a 4 car class 507, unusual I know but they could have given extra capacity on 15 sets which we seriously need up here.
Apologies for straying off-topic here, but just to clarify regarding the 508s: it was two ex-Silverlink sets that were sent to Warrington Arpley as 508143 states. My understanding is a disagreement over leasing fees led to their return south rather than any sort of evaluation. I don't think they were inspected by Merseyrail at all, hence remaining at Warrington rather than being hauled to one of the Merseyrail depots.
(29/04/2018 13:39)knutstransport Wrote:  Not confirmed yet. Scotrail have received one unit for evaluation purposes ahead of deciding whether or not to take on some. When Merseyrail received some former Southeastern 508s for evaluation purposes they decided to reject them.

365513 and 365523 are already at Springburn Works

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(29/04/2018 13:39)knutstransport Wrote:  Not confirmed yet. Scotrail have received one unit for evaluation purposes ahead of deciding whether or not to take on some. When Merseyrail received some former Southeastern 508s for evaluation purposes they decided to reject them.

Alex Hynes has confirmed on Twitter ten Class 365s will be entering service with Scotrail in July

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)