Current time: 27/04/2024, 23:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
RE: Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
Gemini 421 on 0905 Manchester - Leeds CityZap this morning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Posted by Transdev Blazefield CEO Alex Hornby. A map showing the routes covering the North England by Transdev from April 2018.

[Image: DX6xIpxXcAAuTq6.jpg]

https://twitter.com/alextransdev/status/...1721632768
Thank you for this detailed map SF07.
CityZap LDS-MCR route to be cancelled from 22 July.

Quote:Cityzap LDS-MCR is coming to an end. We tried, but it's time to move on...

Following the blistering success of our first Cityzap route running FAST between Leeds and York, we launched our second Cityzap route from Leeds to Manchester a little over 6 months ago now.

In that time, we brought you USB power at every seat, free WiFi as standard, bespoke, designer leather seats, mobile tickets with live departures, and much more besides.

We know that most of all, you love our amazing team of dedicated Cityzap drivers, and we're so proud of the feedback we continue to receive each and every day about them going above and beyond the call of duty to ZAP you from A to B quickly and safely.

Despite all this, and some very busy buses particularly at weekends, we've found it very difficult to build up the regular stream of customers on Cityzap LDS-MCR which any bus route needs in order to survive.

So, the time has come for us to start a new chapter and focus our efforts elsewhere. After Sunday 22 July, Cityzap Leeds - Manchester will no longer be running.

We did our homework, but the number of people we anticipated using Cityzap LDS-MCR simply haven't come to fruition. It's been a difficult ride for us too, with traffic congestion on the M62 being unpredictable at best, to frankly catastrophic at worst.

It's been an incredibly tough decision for us to make, given the effort our entire team put into making the route a success, but sometimes, you just have to know when to throw in the towel. None of our drivers will lose their jobs as a result - you'll still be able to see the same friendly smiling faces on many of our other buses across the North.

If you need any assistance in making your journey between Leeds and Manchester in future, please contact us ? and we'll do all we can to help.

Cityzap LDS-MCR may be coming to an end, but this allows us to refocus our efforts elsewhere, working harder and harder to bring you innovative new concepts in bus travel. And, obviously - Cityzap LDS-YRK is very much here to stay! This route continues to grow and exceed our expectations, with new features being added all the time - including our latest development, with contactless payments now onboard. That's in addition to the usual host of features you've come to love and expect, including free WiFi, USB power, comfy leather coach seats and more.

Keep a lookout for future developments of our Cityzap brand in the future - we're already looking at the possibilities for expanding the Cityzap concept to more places over the coming months and years.

Thank you for all of your support - here's to the next big adventure!

The Cityzap team

http://lancashirebus.co.uk/news.jsp?newsID=2357
Just last weekend I booked a National Express day to Leeds for June 23rd as I felt CityZap wouldn't allow me long enough there. I realise I can ride from Leeds to Ainley Top with my MetroDay ticket. Alternatively, and more likely, I shall travel from Manchester to Ainley Top in July for a Halifax & Huddersfield day out.
Cityzap Manchester to Leeds service cancelled from 22nd July.
Last Saturday I reached a convenient rounding-off point at Leeds early so rode CityZap back to Manchester after all. Surprisingly, all 3 duties were taken up by Mainline Versas!
If I go to Blackburn where is the best place to find the B10s?
(30/12/2018 21:41)darylyates17 Wrote:  If I go to Blackburn where is the best place to find the B10s?

22 to Clitheroe they are branded B10’s and occasionally the 1 for Bolton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/01/2019 19:05)RedPanda Wrote:  22 to Clitheroe they are branded B10’s and occasionally the 1 for Bolton

Thanks mate I went there the other day and found some on the 22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)