Current time: 19/05/2024, 16:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(08/12/2016 02:28)buses7675 Wrote:  Ferryhill Motors Enviro200 FM36 MX14FUP is currently on loan at Gillmoss - it was on the 10A yesterday.

Yes it is 27888 had a accident
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/12/2016 09:31)Barney Wrote:  I do find it odd that a company as big as Stagecoach occasionally have to rely on hiring in spare vehicles from Ferryhill Motors to maintain its services. Surely it would be easier and cheaper to borrow vehicles off sister companies. Just a thought, is Ferryhill in any way linked to Stagecoach or Sir Brian Souter?

This is also my thought.

A couple of years ago, when on Holiday in Scotland, I saw more Ferryhill Motors buses running around with Stagecoach fleetnames, then I saw Stagecoach buses. At the time I was think that it was yet another company, which Stagecoach had taken-over.
I think Ferryhill Motors do the repairs on buses and they provide the courtesy bus to cover for the one they are fixing.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(08/12/2016 09:31)Barney Wrote:  I do find it odd that a company as big as Stagecoach occasionally have to rely on hiring in spare vehicles from Ferryhill Motors to maintain its services. Surely it would be easier and cheaper to borrow vehicles off sister companies. Just a thought, is Ferryhill in any way linked to Stagecoach or Sir Brian Souter?

In the case of a no-fault accident (i.e. third party at fault), Ferrymill will carry out the repairs and supply a replacement vehicle, the overall cost being chargeable to the third party.
(03/12/2016 08:47)gka472l Wrote:  The timing would fit in with the Wirral line closure, although Arriva are doing that.....could they be sub-contracting some of it to Stagecoach....or could Stagecoach be enhancing capacity on their own cross-river routes for the duration of the Wirral line closure? An interesting one anyway....the MMC's still have to start operation in Cambridge in February and the Wirral line closure is 3/1 to 12/2.

Not sure if this is true or not but ive been told that ARRIVA have the contact for the rail replacement work
Its been mentioned on here a number of times Arriva are operating the Rail Replacement using the new Buses that are currently being delivered

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Each merseyside depot is providing upto 15 drivers each to go on loan to birkenhead for:
7 days a week for 6 full weeks then Just weekends for 4 - 6 weeks then 7 days a week for about another 4 - 5 weeks or along them lines.
(09/12/2016 20:24)PAUL2511 Wrote:  Not sure if this is true or not but ive been told that ARRIVA have the contact for the rail replacement work

Correct, they do have the contract and the new Hybrids for Liverpool will be used on it.....but it seems that these new Stagecoach Cambridge park & ride MMC's (the batch is to be 10789-10810 so 15 out of that lot) may have a very brief loan to Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancs before delivery to Cambridge and the rail reps/extra services seems to be the only logical explanation if they do arrive here briefly....guess we'll soon find out!

Cheers

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(09/12/2016 23:10)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Each merseyside depot is providing upto 15 drivers each to go on loan to birkenhead for:
7 days a week for 6 full weeks then Just weekends for 4 - 6 weeks then 7 days a week for about another 4 - 5 weeks or along them lines.

Before anyone gets confused thats Arriva and not Stagecoach, Stagecoach have nothing to do with any of it
Thanks lol , Yes sorry thats just arriva i should of said.

User(s) browsing this thread: MPTE1955, 17 Guest(s)