Current time: 07/05/2024, 10:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(20/07/2012 20:31)27701 Wrote:  
(20/07/2012 20:21)Harryn9000 Wrote:  i say decker are needed for 53 one busy route all the time except for night it ain't too bad then
I agree! The 53/53A have both been very busy recently; I never considered them to be "busy services" until the "Quality Bus Partnership" started.

Double-deckers are needed on most (if not, all) Liverpool services, in my opinion. For an ever-growing city like Liverpool, the amount of 'deckers that run into the city is poor (compared to places like of Manchester, anyway) - and it's not like they're not needed here because they really are! (This isn't directly aimed at SM&SL, by the way - ANW are just as bad.)

It's funny to think that we used to be a predominately decker city with the singles in the minority, the thing is the singles are cheaper to run and therefore yield more profit and if they are full bus company bosses are happy regardless if people have a seat or not. The 53 is an interesting one with regards to deckers as there are times when you would certainly say yes it does require deckers but bus company bosses will point to the frequency of the service and just say if a bus is full it won't be long to another even though we know a lot of the time there is bunching. The issue of deckers is one we have been over several times before on the forum so I will say no more on that matter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - MPTE1955 - 20/07/2012 21:15

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)