Current time: 02/05/2024, 16:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(20/07/2012 18:27)bolton bus basher Wrote:  hope they are put on the 19, that route needs them big time as without fail its a standing load on there

I often ride the 19 as it's a handy link for me when I'm out and about. Yes it picks up the odd full load, not standing load though, and definitely not without fail. Yes like any route it does get rather busy. Past London Road though, much of the loadings picked up at Queen Square Bus Station has thinned out in my experience.
One thing for sure is that it definitely does not require regular double deck workings. The only time it really warrants it as far as I'm concerned is on match days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
As myself and cumbria09... have said many times before, if loading on routes justified deckers, they'd have them.

The fact that routes are operated by single decks, and new or new-ish mainly at that, means that they do not make enough to justify deckers. End of story.

K853 MTJ - I agree with the moderated bit of your comment.
i been going on the 19 since saturday to try out all these buses here on temp and am yet to leave Queen Square sat down :P

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/07/2012 18:33)V671 DVU Wrote:  All the Tridents are booked for the 82/86 whilst buses are at the Olympics so Darts can go onto QBP routes, as has been stated many times before.
This is the first I've heard of that Luke. Maybe it's something I've brushed over though... Can you quote where it's been mentioned?

Also just a general reminder having edited a post in this thread:- whilst debate is fine and there are no problems with 'attacking' or debating what somebody has said, personal attacks and/or comments with reference to the member whose post it is are not acceptable regardless of the situation.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(20/07/2012 18:47)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(20/07/2012 18:33)V671 DVU Wrote:  All the Tridents are booked for the 82/86 whilst buses are at the Olympics so Darts can go onto QBP routes, as has been stated many times before.
This is the first I've heard of that Luke. Maybe it's something I've brushed over though... Can you quote where it's been mentioned?

It was mentioned on this thread a few weeks back, can't quite remember but it was one of the members with inside knowledge in Stagecoach. Smile

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
I was under the impression the ALX400's will be on the 17/19 instead of the 82/86/86C (Which will be darts) due to the university term ending. Like they were prior to the olympic buses leaving?

The 19 barely gets a standing load unless a match day, I use it frequently too, most of the high loading is between Queen Sq and Everton, but even a 38 seater dart would be satisfactory!.
just before they went they was always on the 17/19 plus to me they required them more ( apart from the school/uni rush) but if only certain 19's get standing loads i must be very unlucky

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Stop digging yourself a hole BBB.

We've already established that 17/19 are the non-term time route for the Tridents, though the Olympics may have changed this.
I was on 27717 tonight and seen a notice saying this bus is helping with the olympics and will be going to them for July - September when the games finish, therefore passengers will get a replacement vehicle whilst the bus is away. First time I have seen this on a bus, if this has already been reported I will have missed it. Whilst I'm here I will chip into the deckers for the 19, as a former daily user of the service I would say that the deckers are not required full time as they would be wasted, I think somebody on the forum needs to use this service regularly before suggesting otherwise.
i say decker are needed for 53 one busy route all the time except for night it ain't too bad then

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)