Current time: 19/05/2024, 14:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(05/01/2019 15:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  I am unsure where that figure comes from. It most definitely doesn't cost that much to put buses out on routes. It costs around 50-60k for a bus for a year. Anything much higher is profits.

Considering the poster has many years experience in the Industry am sure the figure is very much spot on.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/01/2019 15:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  I am unsure where that figure comes from. It most definitely doesn't cost that much to put buses out on routes. It costs around 50-60k for a bus for a year. Anything much higher is profits.

I find it remarkable that you’re not running your own mega profitable bus company, given how much knowledge and expertise you seem to believe you have.
Find all posts by this user
Right this thread is getting a bit too far off topic so I'm reigning it in.

X3 future isn't decided just yet anyway, we'll know soon but I doubt it'll be massively different to the present times/routes but we'll know by 20th January at latest.

Please keep any future posts on topic, thank you

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(05/01/2019 16:14)buses7675 Wrote:  Right this thread is getting a bit too far off topic so I'm reigning it in.

X3 future isn't decided just yet anyway, we'll know soon but I doubt it'll be massively different to the present times/routes but we'll know by 20th January at latest.

Please keep any future posts on topic, thank you

I thought I saw a cancellation of the registration?
I believe they are still looking into it so it is likely to get re-registered

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(05/01/2019 19:20)buses7675 Wrote:  I believe they are still looking into it so it is likely to get re-registered

Sounds like what happened with the 113 (Wigan - Preston), they cancelled it then re-registered it when they won the contract for its replacement although doubt any contracts will be involved in this case. L
I think if they re-register the X3 then they may change it a little, not sure how they would change it but they probably will.

And how do you know this
(05/01/2019 16:11)J200ABW Wrote:  I find it remarkable that you’re not running your own mega profitable bus company, given how much knowledge and expertise you seem to believe you have.

Ditto haha
Out of personal curiosity, what would be the justification for extending a Kirkby service to Skelmersdale?

Would it not be more justifiable to connect to Ormskirk for example, to provide a connection to Edge Hill University rather than a town which I would say has very similar offerings to Kirkby?

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)