Current time: 18/05/2024, 13:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North west and wales new bus and brands 2017
RE: Arriva North west and wales new bus and brands 2017
(04/02/2017 16:45)wirralbus Wrote:  What is Arriva's single decker of chose these days , after such a large pulsar order it seems a while since any single decker's where ordered.

I'd have thought that was obvious based on the most recent single deck deliveries to Arriva divisions including the North West

Either way I wouldn't be surprised if ordering diesel powered single deckers becomes a thing of the past in the North West division by the early 2020s - especially with the last few orders being massively in favour of double deckers and the increasing numbers of environmentally friendly vehicles being purchased. The current vehicle order for the North West has set a precedent for the future seeing as it consists entirely of either hybrids, gas powered and electric powered vehicles

I'm not entirely sure if the new Enviro400s for Wrexham are diesel powered or hybrids though. I'm sure one of our contributors from North Wales will be able to confirm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/02/2017 16:55)Dentonian Wrote:  How do ANWs new Gemini 3s compare to the almost identical First Manchester "Vantages"?

Can't comment on the comparison with the 'Vantage' buses, but I've found the new Arriva hybrids to be nice buses so far. They are significantly better than the recent Arriva and Stagecoach Enviro400s were in the ride department when brand new. The suspensions are smoother, there are fewer clatters over bumps and they seem to have a strong turn of speed. I don't doubt the ride quality will decline somewhat as they age, but I don't envisage them becoming as rough riding as their Enviro400 stablemates to be at Speke and Green Lane are now.

The lower deck layout is poor, as with the previous B5Ls at Birkenhead. There are too few seats and the layout itself is quite wasteful with single seats where there could be double behind the staircase. Otherwise, they are just as good if not better than the Gillmoss Enviro400s with less garish internal colours and the slightly better Esteban seating.

They're certainly uglier than both generations of Enviro400 for my taste, but they do ride quite a bit better and that's much more important.
(04/02/2017 18:09)Y474 KNF Wrote:  The current vehicle order for the North West has set a precedent for the future seeing as it consists entirely of either hybrids, gas powered and electric powered vehicles

I'm not entirely sure if the new Enviro400s for Wrexham are diesel powered or hybrids though. I'm sure one of our contributors from North Wales will be able to confirm

The only reason for that is they were part purchased with government 'green bus' funding. It is not new standard. In fact the current fleet 'standards' for 'full length' vehicles are the Wrightbus Streetlight and Enviro 400mmc

The wrexham buses (and futher orders) will be standard diesel.
(04/02/2017 19:51)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The only reason for that is they were part purchased with government 'green bus' funding. It is not new standard. In fact the current fleet 'standards' for 'full length' vehicles are the Wrightbus Streetlight and Enviro 400mmc

The wrexham buses (and futher orders) will be standard diesel.

I know these vehicles were purchased with OLEV funding - I was just saying that this order has set a precedent for future orders for the North West which solely consist of environmentally friendly vehicles

I doubt "all eco bus" orders will become standard for at least another decade if not longer
(04/02/2017 17:45)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  (With the exception of the X30, local and Deeside services) Arriva reducing their Chester operations due to declining passenger numbers. They have no intention of operating a Chester-Wirral service again.

It is because of the Ex GHA routes. Generally they are doing ok but they are taking a hit on Blacons, Saughalls and Ex GHA routes. Blacons, they are charge more so people tend to get Stagecoach. Saughalls, frequency reduced and people are stopping using the service because they keep making it less often. Ex GHA is meant to be a massive issue. I could be wrong on that bit though.
I don't think there is much difference between MAX and Sapphire, In my opinion, Looks rather lazy.

Sapphire should have proper coach seats and a more different approach on livery like Stagecoach Gold to distance itself away further from MAX.
(04/02/2017 23:48)TheShire Wrote:  I don't think there is much difference between MAX and Sapphire, In my opinion, Looks rather lazy.

Sapphire should have proper coach seats and a more different approach on livery like Stagecoach Gold to distance itself away further from MAX.

I forgot about the coach seating on the top deck of sapphire deckers, apart from that what's the point?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/02/2017 08:20)RedPanda Wrote:  I forgot about the coach seating on the top deck of sapphire deckers, apart from that what's the point?

The one in wales (1/12) have coach seating on the upper deck, the rest in the country has the same thing iron board seats.

MAX should have these seats
https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7029/27477...9c74_b.jpg

Which Sapphire should have the one like in wales or these
http://www.ministomidis.com/uploads/imag...r%20ps.jpg
Back to the thread about new buses.

I was rather disappointing they went to the Hybrid Geminis. Badly layout on the lower deck and with its low height, ugly enough to make children feel sick.

Enviro400 City would have been a better bet but i would have imagine it would be more expensive.

Would be good to see Optare Metrocity, Scania Irizar i3, B8RLE/B5TL Wright/MCV and Enviro200/Enviro400 MMC on their list.
(05/02/2017 09:38)TheShire Wrote:  Back to the thread about new buses.

I was rather disappointing they went to the Hybrid Geminis. Badly layout on the lower deck and with its low height, ugly enough to make children feel sick.

Enviro400 City would have been a better bet but i would have imagine it would be more expensive.

Would be good to see Optare Metrocity, Scania Irizar i3, B8RLE/B5TL Wright/MCV and Enviro200/Enviro400 MMC on their list.

I have to agree with your comments on the Wright's Hybrid Geminis. I too find them claustrophobic, especially on the lower deck and it's exacerbated by the depressing grey/green interiors that Arriva seem to favour these days which I suspect has been chosen to reduce the need for regular deep cleans. Personally, an Enviro 400 City with a cream interior would be my choice

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)