Current time: 12/05/2024, 14:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(07/08/2014 21:28)R311 WVR Wrote:  Will Arriva take on the 38 Lates and Sundays? Bit of a downgrade from a Suped up Gemini to a dirty Solo if they don't!
I would very much doubt it. The evening services are run by GHA on tender and I am sure their price will have been very keen to say the least. They've only just taken the contract over so presumably it won't come up for renewal soon anyway, but GHA's cost base will undoubtedly be much lower than Arriva's - and D&G would no doubt also be lurking if it was to be renewed, and again they will have lower overheads.

D&G operate the Sunday service commercially, and while they've been doing it for a while indicating it must thus turn some kind of profit, I doubt it's a huge earner. A 'bus war' on the 38s on a Sunday is completely inconceivable, suggesting the status quo will remain for the forseeable future.

The whole thing is moot anyway until the suggested upgrade of Arriva's three VDLs on the 38s is confirmed or otherwise. I would be surprised if they rush to refurbish buses which are less than three years old and have hardly been overworked compared to the others at Speke.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 126th street - 10/08/2014 17:43

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)