Current time: 26/04/2024, 23:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva orders 2016/17
RE: Arriva orders 2016/17
The 76 has had a decker board for several years now, so that shows how far it has come. The 78 is the same and of course this route was always worked by deckers until the Flytes turned up. Both would benefit from conversion to the big buses but the 80 should be the priority.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/05/2016 12:07)507009 Wrote:  The 76 has had a decker board for several years now, so that shows how far it has come. The 78 is the same and of course this route was always worked by deckers until the Flytes turned up. Both would benefit from conversion to the big buses but the 80 should be the priority.

The fact that many routes are crying out for deckers and getting them, proves that Arriva's management and fares policy on Merseyside is getting it right after the dark years of a certain Mr B Hind at the helm.
No new buses until early 2017 now, according to the latest posts on the Arriva North West Facebook page.
So what happens now regards the 15 year rule?
(02/06/2016 23:27)bus401 Wrote:  So what happens now regards the 15 year rule?

My guess anything that operates in Manchester will loan to another depot for something newer. Anything like the B10's in St. Helens going to wigan or leigh will just work routes in st helens only.

Alternatively buying secondhand buses, renting or some transfer from another part of the country like 2346 and 2350 did a few years back.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Or the 15 year rule becomes the 16 year rule.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
The "15 year rule" is actually 15 years and 364 days.

Therefore the mylleniums and Renowns have until February 2017
(03/06/2016 05:22)RedPanda Wrote:  My guess anything that operates in Manchester will loan to another depot for something newer. Anything like the B10's in St. Helens going to wigan or leigh will just work routes in st helens only.

Alternatively buying secondhand buses, renting or some transfer from another part of the country like 2346 and 2350 did a few years back.

I don't think that loaning older buses to other depots in exchange for newer vehicles will happen personally

Second hand buses are very unlikely (there aren't any examples of second hand vehicles in the North West) and I don't think transfers from other provincial divisions to the North West are likely to happen any time soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see more vehicles arrive from London in the next year or two to replace the current ex-London stock in the North West though

It was 2346 and 2349 that transferred to Arriva the Shires
The only area that has an issue with the running of 15 year old vehicles is TFGM, is it not? It won't be difficult to keep vehicles of that age off of routes which venture there, really, so I wouldn't envisage any major issues at all. Just a bit of a delay for increased capacity on some routes which need it.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I can understand it being an issue with a tendered service as its getting paid for but i think if the service is commercial and is fully dda then i dont see the problem with veichles over 15 yrs old so long as there being maintained proper.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)